Reflecting new Party Type in Account Payable/Account Receivable Report

Hi,

I have a new Payable party type ( Sales Person, Doctors etc ), how do I make them reflect in the Account Receivable Report. I have done the Journal Entries. Since we have Account type ( Payable or Receivable ) field in the Party Type doctype, does it make sense to make this report more generic and not reply on particular Party Type but Account Type? My understanding could be wrong and may be its generic already.

Scenarios like accounting of Commission payable to Sales People or Revenue Sharing with Doctors and many others.

Thanks,
Palash

Check for discussions like this to inform yourself [v11] Payroll Entry - Party Type & Party required for Payable account - Salaries Payable

Hey thanks a lot for the reply. Saw the thread and it talks in the similar space.

My larger doubt is if Account Payable Report is only meant to show the balance that company needs to pay to its Supplier or the perhaps the amount that company needs to pay to anyone like Sales People or people with whom company share any revenue etc. If its the latter, then are we better off using account type ( Payable here ) as compared to passing Seller as party type in the report which is currently the case.

Palash

Can anyone with more knowledge put their inputs on this?

Thanks,
Palash