Publish Item to hub.erpnext.com

Hi,

I can see that the “Publish in Hub” (Publish Item to hub.erpnext.com) is checked by default.
Does that mean sensitive business-data is uploaded somewhere?

If so, how can we disable this feature alltogether?

thanks d

No this feature is not active yet. There will be a global switch though.

The goal is to enable in-app supply chain communication via a “hub”. You could publish your items on the hub and your customers could directly place orders via their ERPs to you, there by saving a lot of duplication.

We will hide that field for now.

2 Likes

It’s a great feature. I think many companies would like to use this same feature, but internally to enabling satellite installs on remote machines.

As you know, I’m interested in a supplier-portal, but would like to mirror only the content related to that supplier on a separate server hosted oustide of our private network for them to access.

I notice there hasn’t been much more said about this. We would also like to have some clarity. It sounds like it could be an interesting feature but the tiny bits that are visible right now do make it appear more as a risk for sensitive information to be leaked unwillingly to systems outside our control - this could cause some major uphill battles with management in implementation.

Would someone from the Foundation care to comment or provide some better documentation for what this is all about?

I notice this is an old thread, but this has become more relevant again…

When looking at the DocType Item, publish_in_hub as a default setting of “0” (current V10 master). However, this is overwritten in the code behind. Is this intentional? In my opinion, the default should be 0, with a global switch (or anyone is open to customise the default to 1).

1 Like

I noticed the same and urge for a change! Devs need to be very careful with such features, especially in Germany.

I fully agree with @carlos22. The default of “publish_in_hub” shall be set in the DocType (and it can be set to 1 as default, I agree that it is a great feature), but it must be possible to change the default.

Therefore, I propose to remove the hardcoded “1” in erpnext/stock/doctype/item/item.py line 58f

def before_insert(self):
	if not self.description:
		self.description = self.item_name

if self.is_sales_item and not self.get('is_item_from_hub'):
		self.publish_in_hub = 1

can you please make a Pull request on github for this?

1 Like

Is already in the current develop branch:

def before_insert(self):
	if not self.description:
		self.description = self.item_name

# if self.is_sales_item and not self.get('is_item_from_hub'):
        # self.publish_in_hub = 1
1 Like

even in staging I have seen. So this will become the default in the upcoming relase of v11 (if I’m not mistaken) :+1:

1 Like