Production Planning Tool Bug

In v7, there seems to have been major changes made to how different parts are classified. There are no longer fields indicating whether parts are purchased or whether production orders are allowed on parts. This creates a bit of a problem when creating non Multi-Level BOM based material requests through the production planning tool. In these situations, it creates material requests for each part, even if there is a BOM associated with one of the parts. This would be great if you could switch the material request to manufacture for those items that you want to create additional production orders for, you can’t because the are submitted.

Any suggestions on how to get around this? If I create multi-level BOM material requests, all the raw materials will get ordered correctly but no production orders or material requests for manufacture will get created for the lower level BOM assemblies.

@Ben_Cornwell_Mott can you raise a GitHub issue for this? With relevant example and screenshots (if possible). Thanks!

@rmehta

I created a pull request that fixes the issue. It checks to see whether a default BOM is selected for the item and if there is, it sets the Material Request type to Manufacture instead of Purchase. I’m not sure if that is the best solution for all cases. Maybe it should not submit the PRs, so that way you can select if you want to transfer the materials from a different warehouse. But I think this fixes the issue pretty well.

https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/pull/5481

Since this has been fixed here, closing this thread :slight_smile: