Non-taxable item Canada

Hi all,
I live in Canada where we have different taxes for different provinces. I managed to apply taxation rules for customers based on their location but I also have non-taxable items (non-processed food). How can I set up my item so ERP does not apply tax on it, regardless of where the customer is located, and applies tax on taxable items based on the location? Thanks

You need to set tax rate as zero against tax account in the specific Item form.

Please check similar thread Item wise tax in SO and PO

Help page for item-wise tax:
https://frappe.github.io/erpnext/user/manual/en/accounts/item-wise-tax.html

I tried following the help page and got lost… it appears to have been created for an earlier version and I do not know where to find the menus in the new version. I do not know how to set tax rate as zero against tax account in the specific Item form. I guess I will just have to keep writing separate invoices for non-taxable items… thanks anyway.

I just don’t get it - first I need to mention all applicable taxes in the Taxes and Other Charges master which I cannot find anyway, then I have to Set Tax Rate as Zero in Taxes and Charges Template. So we are talking about two different documents located in different menus? Can you help me find the path to each of them?

I think I finally got the hang of it now… it appears to be working. Will try to play with it more tomorrow. Sorry for being such a pain in the behind. Thanks for the patience.

1 Like