No module named traceback

I have set up frappe and erpnext and when I try to complete the set up wizard (Frappe Desk) it errors with:
no module named traceback. I have searched this forum as well as Frappe’s but could not find anything.

hope someone can help me get this running.

1 Like

Can you post the error log, you can find it in the JS console or the server logs.

Exception happened during processing of request from ('....',63946)
Exception in thread Thrread-18 (most likely raised during interpreter shutdown):
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 801, in __bootstrap_inner
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 754, in run
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 599, in process_request_thread
  File "/home/..../frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/werkzeug/serving.py", line 728, in handle_error
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 350, in handle_error
 <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>: No module named traceback

Try restarting the processes, I believe redis is giving you some problem, try running bench setup requirements

I did that and retried. Same error. Rebooted the machine and retried. Same error. I am running Ubuntu server 18. This is a clean install.

1 Like

This post indicates a similar problem that was solved

This provides no help at all. Retry does not help. I have rebooted and tried multiple times.

I did a fresh install on another machine (Ubuntu desktop this time) and the exact same error occurred after ERPnext was installed on a brand new machine, all updated. What is going on? Cannot use ERPnext at all this way.

1 Like

If you run a manual install, you have a much better chance of identifying the error as it happens

I did that and have not seen any errors during install. I cannot find any info on what this package is or how to get it.

check this link

https://github.com/HackerShackOfficial/AI-Smart-Mirror/issues/93

I think it is unrelated. I found two bot.py files:

$ find . -name "bot.py"
./apps/erpnext/erpnext/utilities/bot.py
./apps/frappe/frappe/utils/bot.py

However, none of them imports Traceback.

Btw, I have the same issue.

Getting the same error with frappe and erpnext 11.1.3 . Stack trace is almost identical.
Exception happened during processing of request from (‘10.0.2.2’, 32984)
Exception in thread Thread-7 (most likely raised during interpreter shutdown):
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py”, line 801, in __bootstrap_inner
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py”, line 754, in run
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py”, line 599, in process_request_thread
File “/home/madhavanh/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/werkzeug/serving.py”, line 747, in handle_error
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py”, line 350, in handle_error
<type ‘exceptions.ImportError’>: No module named traceback

Try installing the same in Python3