No chat icon in title bar

I never really investigated the chat feature when it was released, but today I decided to check it out but I can’t for the life of me find it!

The first thing I did was to go to system settings, and to my surprise “enable chat” was already checked. I tried checking and unchecking it, reloading the page, clearing the cache, and rebooting, but nothing made it appear. I’m not getting any error messages, so I’m not really sure where to start troubleshooting. Any tips?

Can you share more details here… like the bench version you are using… preferably a screenshot of your desk too. so that the community can help you easily…

1 Like

Thanks for your reply!

I’m happy to share as much detail as I can, but since it’s just silently absent I’m not sure what info would be helpful. Master branch, both Frappe and ERPNext at version 11.1.4. Desktop screenshot attached below.

After a few dozen rounds of cache-clearing, permission resets, forced migrates, and so on, I’ve got chat working for other users but not for my main user. My first instinct was that this is a permissions issue, but even if I set all roles for both my user account and for the chat page in the Role Permission for Page and Report settings, it’s not appearing. I’ve logged in and out dozens of times, tried with different browsers and machines, but no joy.

Is there a setting somewhere that turns off chat for just one individual? I’m really stuck and not sure what else to try.

hi @peterg,

have you tried this solution?

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately that’s not it. The build is working fine, because I can access chat for other users. Just, not my main user. I’ve tried a dozen different brower/computer combinations, and everywhere they have the icon but I don’t.

Still completely stuck on this, and the only thing I can think is that it’s a bug. I’ll keep at it a bit more then file a bug report on github.