[NEW FEATURE] Quoted Item Comparison

Hi everyone,

I’ve been implementing a new report called Quoted Item Comparison, which is now one of the Supplier Quotation reports. It was developed in order to be able to analyse a number of quotes and pick out the best supplier for each of them. One of the key things here is that if you have more than one quantity specified for each item, it will chart these for you so you can see the price breaks.

To use it, go to Buying >> Supplier Quotation >> Reports >> Quoted Item Comparison. Enter your Item code and all the quotations with that item will be included, showing quantity breakdowns and a link to each quotation (so you can see if there are any additional charges, stipulations, etc). If you want to see a plotted graph showing the price breakdowns, use Menu >> Print. Here is an example of the table and plot:

There is also a Tools menu in the report that allows you to quickly assign a default supplier for the item right from the report. If you click Tools >> Select Default Supplier, a dialog box with a list of the suppliers that had provided quotations is popped up. You select the supplier from the list then click “Set Default Supplier”

It’s just come out, so there may be ways to improve it. Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

10 Likes

Throws an error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/app.py”, line 61, in application
response = frappe.handler.handle()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py”, line 21, in handle
data = execute_cmd(cmd)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py”, line 56, in execute_cmd
return frappe.call(method, **frappe.form_dict)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 1013, in call
return fn(*args, **newargs)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 495, in wrapper_fn
retval = fn(*args, **get_newargs(fn, kwargs))
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/desk/query_report.py”, line 179, in run
result = generate_report_result(report, filters, user)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/desk/query_report.py”, line 66, in generate_report_result
res = frappe.get_attr(method_name)(frappe._dict(filters))
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/erpnext/erpnext/buying/report/quoted_item_comparison/quoted_item_comparison.py”, line 10, in execute
qty_list = get_quantity_list(filters.item)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/erpnext/erpnext/buying/report/quoted_item_comparison/quoted_item_comparison.py”, line 69, in get_quantity_list
qty_list.sort(reverse=False)
TypeError: ‘<’ not supported between instances of ‘_dict’ and ‘_dict’

Hi Ben.

Do you have any idea why it was deprecated since v11?

It was really helpful. And can’t find any other way than manually input at every item master its Default Supplier.

Thanks for introducing the new report @Ben_Cornwell_Mott

Few observations about the report “Supplier Quotation Comparison”

1. In a typical scenario, one would send RFQ’s to suppliers looking at the BOM. And, if the BOM happens to be a Template BOM, the RFQ is sent for the Template Items as one yet does not know which Variant Item the Supplier is going to quote for. A supplier may even quote for Multiple Brand / Manufacturer for an Item of a RFQ.

2. Once we have the Quotations from suppliers, we get to use proper Item Variants therein with Manufacturer & Manufacturer Part#.

3. Presently (please correct me if I am wrong) from the Supplier Quotations lined up in the report, one cannot mark which items one is interested in purchasing. IMHO, one should be able to go on clicking the items one is interested in and then there should be a button which can be clicked and POs get generated for each of the Suppliers whose Items are selected. The software I am presently using was customized with this functionality and it really helps in quotation analysis and quick PO generation as we work with BOMs which run in to hundreds of parts.

4. The report, to the best of my knowledge, is not showing the Manufacturer Name & Manufacturer Parts# quoted by the supplier. This is an important factor needed for selecting the correct quoted item.

I hope there is a way to achieve the above.

Thanks & Regards
Ratninder

1 Like

am really for this feature where should just be able to tick in the comparison sheet and tick item we want and then purchase order automatically created