New App for one-page shopping cart experience

AWESOME! I’ve been monkey patching my ERPN shopping cart to add some more features and theme customization. But now maybe I will postpone my project and will replace it with yours. I cannot wait to see your product. God bless you sir.

@Shan_Ruan: we are on the final race of beta testing with the new shopping cart app (see the latest news on that at Magic of Open Source. I will update this thread further when it is ready to be exposed to community.

1 Like

@gvyshnya: Hope to see it soon :slight_smile:

@gvyshnya hello sir, how is it going?

@Shan_Ruan , @Tai_Tran_Hong: we are still doing the beta test of the new shopping cart app with our customer. I will update this thread once we are done and ready to open the gate for the community to use it.

@gvyshnya hi there, do the new chart allow to hide completely prices?

How to hide prices in product list, product page, cart

1 Like

@JoEz: Giovanni, we have not considered this feature in the scope of the effort as we could not see the right business case to fit the purpose. However, we are all limited by our own circle of vision :-), and this sometimes results in not seeing the valuable use cases/capabilities aside of it.

Could you please explain the business rationale behind this requirement and possible scenario to apply it in a real business operations context? This could be helpful to analyze it on our end.

@gvyshnya i agree about it is not conventional request :laughing:

Problem behind this is the request by a customer to prevent competitor to have easily look at the prices and react immediately.

Full story …customer has a chain of about 15 retail grocery store and most located in same city. He want to provide his customer the chance to buy on line at the same price of physical retail store.

By allowing this he doesn’t want, as wrote above, to have competitors having easy looking at prices. He know exactly that also his customer will not have the chance to see price …but he thinks that customers knows prices already.

One solution could be hiding for not logged …but as you can easily image, wouldn’t be difficult for a competitor to register and get the access.

I’m aware that’s not quite common scenario …but that are the requirements

1 Like

Is this functionality working
Email/SMS notifications on placing order?
As I have added the sales email and the person with the email box but no email is sent to him or message on the system saying that a user made a quotation (I’ve not enabled the checkout with payment).

Email notifications work fine right now. SMS notifications have not been tested yet. Our current customer whom we test the current beta version of the application right now is not interested in sms notifications so we do not focus on it.

Hello sir. How is this project now?

the project launched with the customer per https://www.jhaudio.com - however, there is a lot of follow-up activities there right now so we do not have enough time to properly ‘productize’ and ‘open-source’ it as a contribution to ERPNext trunk codebase. We will keep you updated on the progress here.

2 Likes

I’m trying to customize shopping cart for a customer. Can someone help me in figuring out how to achieve it through a custom app.

@gvyshnya Please keep us updated on this project! We are willing to purchase an integration for our company as well, if that would help move things along. Thank you!

@gvyshnya, on reviewing the work you have done with jhaudio.com, I must say I am very impressed with both the design and functionality of the site you have developed.

It is a great demonstration of what can be achieved with ERPNext and as someone who is battling with E-Commerce, you have given some light at the end of the tunnel.

Currently, I have tried to go the Shopify route along with the Shopify integration. But, this approach does highlight the issues with any integration solution. Immediately, I realised, for example, that Shopify does not have either the equivalent of Slideshow nor Item Groups trees without installing extra paid add-ons. Plus, you have the issues with any integration in general - particular keeping everything in sync - there always ends up being problems.

2 Likes

Do you have a list of things you want to fix with e-commerce?

@rmehta, Rushabh, thanks for the interest.

I have already done quite a lot of modification and coding - some are specific to our business model.
Here are some of the things I have managed to get working, either by modding the core or running scripts:

Hide items with Qty <=0
Include ITEMS from draft Purchase Receipts and adjust qty accordingly (this is very specific to us)
Show custom description on product page that pulls in data from other fields
Created an “auto slideshow” button that picks up images in a directory on server thus speeding up photo side of things.
Created an eBay integration to pull in eBay sales as Sales Orders and customers.
Created process to export items records to GarageSale (ebay Listing tool) to automate listing on eBay from ErpNext.
Modifying the home page

Things I am in the process of trying to fix:

When testing cart, I get a “Not Permitted to access page” error when trying to place order.

Two images displaying on the slideshow (problem goes away when you click arrow to move to next image). (Safari browser)

Programmatically, attach main website image - I have managed to programmatically create a Slideshow (as above) but haven’t managed to do this for the main image that uses “attach” image. This has to be done manually or fixed with an sql script later.

Disable nav bars for zero stock items.

Simplify shopping cart process

Change the theme editing Boostrap template to change design - could never get this to work.

Finally, currently, I have a cron script that makes a whole bunch of changes to the core code but I now need to create a custom module to do this. I know how to create a custom module but I haven’t found instructions on how to get this to work in place of the standard website.

In your response to your post, I am not looking for a solution to all of the above (some of things I need are specific to the way we work). But, I hope it does outline some of the challenges facing businesses using ERPNext trying to get online. There are requests on a weekly basis, for example, for Magento Connectors so there is a real need for ERPNext to in some way have good eCommerce functionality whether built in or not.

Fortunately, with ErpNext it can all be achieved with a little coding :slight_smile:. ErpNext is fantastic for helping businesses solve specific problems and some of my other projects have included substantial programming efforts around mainly custom reporting. There is no way we could have achieved this with an off the shelf ERP.

Currently, I am back trying to get Shopify to work, but as said that is another but different set of challenges.

Regards,

Ben

3 Likes

Thanks for testing this out. We are also interested in improving the e-commerce features, can you check if github issues exist for all your requirements and maybe make those which don’t exist?

We can take it up in Oct/Nov time frame.

3 Likes

Hi Rushabh,

As you are aware we are one of the Shopify and ERPNext user,below is list of daily challenges faced (majority is sync related )

Post Sync - ERP

1. Post the sync of items from ERP to Shopify being performed, we consistently notice the following non-shopify fields in ERP are getting incorrectly updated by the sync. The following field are getting replaced with inaccurate data causing a lot of extra manual work (i.e. update the field back to original field data pre-sync).Examples of such fields in ERP are:-
    a) Default warehouse.
    b) Default supplier
    c) Custom fields created by us in the item master.
    We require only the shopify to be updated and not the ERP (if not related to sales orders executed via the web).

2. Hide items with Qty <=0 - same as stated by bglazier

Post Sync - Shopify

1. An item on being synced in the first instance gets reflected in shopify accurately. But post the occurence of multiple ERP-shopify syncs through the day,its observed that additional unwanted images get added to the shopify item within the master and it requires for manual intervention by way of review of all items for the identification of additional images and manual deletion of unwanted images linked to the shopify item.

2. Shopify has “compare at field” for prices where it shall show discounted price and original price,this has to be updated manually as this field does not exists in ERP making it very tedious.

3.Shopify has filter tags (based on design,shade,fabric type etc.)which helps the customer to identify products. Currently these have manually inserted into shopify at an item level as there is no option to add tags(which need to be reflected in shopify) at an item level in ERP and have the tags automatically reflected in shopify post sync.Refer to https://boacasa.com/ for examples for kind of tags.

4.Shopify has collection field in which one manually updates the name of the product category (under which the products are displayed in the website).Currently this needs to done manually in shopify item master post syncing.Require for this field to be reflected in ERP,so no manual updates to be done post sync.

Attached is the shopify image highlighting (above items 1-4).

3 Likes

Could you please open GitHub issues for these?