Naming series without prefix

Is it possible to have a naming series without a prefix? I would like my Items to be formatted as .#####.-00 with the trailing zeros being reserved for versioning. Whenever I try to save the naming series with out the prefix I get the following error “Series already used in Activity Log”. I don’t really want “Item” to show up before every part number in ERPNext. Is this possible?

Yes you can add your own naming series from Naming Series Form

Ok so dropping the period at beginning seems to work to avoid a prefix but I can’t seem to set the current value this way.

Hi @owen

Check database you can update current value by mysql script.

To add to what vinhnguyent090 said, in the DB, the table named tabSeries contains sequence numbers for the NEXT value for each of the series items etc.

1 Like

is it possible to set price list against a specific series for sales invoice?

Is there a way to do this without going into the table? I’m not confident in my ability to directly modify the table. Is there a reason why the “update series” option isn’t working for me?

I still can’t seem to set the naming series. When I select the naming series it auto-populates with the correct number but when I make a new item it doesn’t use the number from “current value”. It’s almost like there are two identical naming series with different current values.

“It’s almost like there are two identical naming series with different current values.”

One of these may help with your ‘sticky’ problem Search results for '@clarkej naming_series' - ERPNext Forum