Naming series bug?

I’m trying to change the naming series for several document types to include the company name. I changed Purchase Order to company.PO-

after I update I went to change Sales Order to company.SO- I get an error: “Series company.SO- already used in Purchase Order”

any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Are you in version 8?

May be naming series has to be unique and it seems you have used the same naming series in PO

@Nathan:
This link may be helpful for you-

You will have to customize the code to use the company name in your series.

hi @Basawaraj_Savalagi, yes I am on version 8. The errors suggests that the naming series are not unique but they are: company.PO- and company.SO-

@kmohini thanks for the link. Yes, I have read it. I don’t think I need to customize the code… company.SO- does indeed work for my purpose. I would just like to prepend “company” to several document types.

1 Like

so I did some experiments. it seems like I can do “SO-.company.-” and “PO-.company.-” but I can’t do “.company.-SO-” and “.company.-PO-”. Is this a bug or intentional?

1 Like

I am having issues with the naming series prefix!
For some odd reason the numerals were outputting a weird number, especially using special characters such as the dash: -

Then without the dash, i was unable to get the specific amount of numerals, ie I needed a 10 digit number, and it was outputting eight digits. Eventually, I gradually reduced and increased the numerals # until the number finally worked. It did so without the special characters as well, since they seem to be the big problem there. I would like to discuss this further down the road.

I am just posting here the basics and will provide more examples as the week ends, I got overloaded all of a sudden.

1 Like