Login with facebook server error

hi,
my problem is new user sign up through Facebook get this error.
anyone can help me
thanks

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/app.py”, line 62, in application
response = frappe.api.handle()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/api.py”, line 53, in handle
return frappe.handler.handle()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py”, line 22, in handle
data = execute_cmd(cmd)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py”, line 53, in execute_cmd
return frappe.call(method, **frappe.form_dict)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 922, in call
return fn(*args, **newargs)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/www/login.py”, line 46, in login_via_facebook
login_via_oauth2(“facebook”, code, state, decoder=json.loads)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/utils/oauth.py”, line 169, in login_via_oauth2
info = get_info_via_oauth(provider, code, decoder)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/utils/oauth.py”, line 195, in get_info_via_oauth
frappe.throw(_(“Email not verified with {1}”).format(provider.title()))
IndexError: tuple index out of range

Hi, I think i have the same problem but not exactly the same error
“frappe.throw(_(“Email not verified with {0}”).format(provider.title()))”

I didn’t find the solution for the moment. Did you found a solution @kankankuli ?

My complete error message :

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/app.py”, line 60, in application
response = frappe.api.handle()
File “/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/api.py”, line 56, in handle
return frappe.handler.handle()
File “/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py”, line 20, in handle
data = execute_cmd(cmd)
File “/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py”, line 55, in execute_cmd
return frappe.call(method, **frappe.form_dict)
File “/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 1013, in call
return fn(*args, **newargs)
File “/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/www/login.py”, line 67, in login_via_facebook
login_via_oauth2(“facebook”, code, state, decoder=json.loads)
File “/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/utils/oauth.py”, line 110, in login_via_oauth2
info = get_info_via_oauth(provider, code, decoder)
File “/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/utils/oauth.py”, line 146, in get_info_via_oauth
frappe.throw(_(“Email not verified with {0}”).format(provider.title()))
File “/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 345, in throw
msgprint(msg, raise_exception=exc, title=title, indicator=‘red’)
File “/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 331, in msgprint
_raise_exception()
File “/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 304, in _raise_exception
raise raise_exception(msg)
ValidationError: Email non v\xe9rifi\xe9 par Facebook

Hi welcome to ERPNext Simon_Sarazin

@chdecultot tagging you for advice and expertise here!

It seems the error message is valid - ie that FB does not recognize that email address as valid - although the message string encoding or French language translation should be vérifié.

Possibly the email address itself is encoded and that could be the problem?

@Simon_Sarazin please try some other email address, to confirm the ERNext configuration generally works for FB login, and to confirm that that email address is in fact the problem?

Hi @clarkej,

I just tested the Facebook Login flow and faced exactly the same issue, plus some additional a little bit further in the flow.
It seems that some breaking changes have been introduced on Facebook and Frappe’s side.

@fkardame, sorry to tag you, but I saw on another post that you use Facebook and Google logins, are you on the staging branch and facing any issue ?

I have opened a new ticket on Frappe: bug: Issues with Facebook login · Issue #6771 · frappe/frappe · GitHub

Yes during that time we were on staging version but not sure the exact version.

And it did work. The update is from the facebook side, you have look into the facebook app setting to find the same setting like the old version shown in erpnext user manual

1 Like

Thanks for your input @fkardame !

Thanks for your followup notes here…