Leave approver setup

Department - Finance
Team reports to Finance head. So made the reporting of department to finance head.
But, here as the Finance head also belongs to Finance, the Finance head reporting manager is showing as self.
Where as i want to set it to MD. How to proceed.

1 Like

hi sir ,
please help me to find out.
Department - Finance
Team reports to Finance head. So made the reporting of department to finance head.
But, here as the Finance head also belongs to Finance, the Finance head reporting manager is showing as self.
Where as i want to set it to MD. How to proceed.

Hello Anju,

I also had the same predicament. My departments are structured as follows:

• Technology
    – Research

An employee, head of Research, is within the Research department. He is also the Leave approver of Research, which now results in him having to approve his own leave. His leave should instead be approved by the leave approver of the department above him, Technology.

My workaround is to add a second leave approver (the head of Technology) to the department Research, and then when the head of Research wants to create a new leave application, he should manually unselect himself as leave approver and select the head of Technology.

In your case add MD as the second leave approver of Finance, and then the Finance head will just have to manually select the MD when creating a leave application.

Hello,

In the latest version, you can set the Leave Approver at the department level as well as the Employee level in the employee master as shown below:

Priority will be given to the Leave approver set at the Employee level.

Hope this helps.