Item-wise taxation that populates both relevant tax accounts

Hi, This also relates to the issue linked here. Item-wise Tax does not Break up correctly
I achieved itemwise taxation by indicating different rates to the same tax definition (there, it is the tax named VAT to Claim %21, which I indicated that for some items it is applied as %6 and for others it is %21)

then, the Tax breakdown was successful. But as @spoojary also indicated, this won’t populate the account specified for VAT to Claim %6 account. Is there a way that I can indicate itemwise taxes, and also specify which tax accounts will get their relevant entries? (%6 VAT item resulting in a journal entry in %6 VAT to Claim account, and %21 VAT items resulting in a journal entry in %21 VAT to Claim account )

Best.
Mehmet Ali

Could you not just create two separate tax with separate G/L accounts instead of just changing the rate in each item?

That is what I am trying to accomplish, but then I think I won’t be able to combine two items in one Purchase Invoice.

Since, from the post mentioned above, I get the sense that if I can use itemwise taxation and put two items in a Purchase Invoice with two different tax rates, then I must put in the same tax with same G/L accounts, and only change the rate.

That is the only way that I could make itemwise taxation work.

Hi I would like to bump this thread.

Is there a way that I can have itemwise taxation in Purchase and Sales Invoices, and use two separate Tax Accounts?
(Instead of one Tax account reflected with two different tax rates)

Best,
MAA

I think it is fair to assume there isn’t a way available at present, which means you will have to open an issue. This is very likely needed for a lot of other users. I have seen our auditors separating the taxes based on %, but never bothered to ask why as we are still in the early stages of implementation. I haven’t looked at the code, but don’t think it will be very complicated to implement this, assuming an item will not be taxed at different rates based on the conditions. With that assumption, if an item has a tax rate set in item master, that should get the precedence over sales/purchase tax template. If you open an issue, certainly we can discuss whether it is easy to implement or not.

On it, then.
Until then, I think a way to circumvent this is to divide up the Invoices.

Best,
MAA