Installation of ERPNext stuck on verifying

I think it because you didn’t config email account, so when ERPNext trying to send you an email, it will cause this error.

You should try login as administrator.

2 Likes

how to login as administrator…I mean what are the credentials?

When you created the site, you were asked a password. That was the Administrator password.

Credentials :

User: Administrator
Password: The above mentioned

In case you don’t remember and want to reset it, you can use this command in your frappe-bench or bench instance folder

bench set-admin-password [type your new password here]

ok I am trying wait

thanks it does now!

1 Like

How to install apps ?? I mean the dashboard has no apps in it.

@Sadikur

Dear, if you follow these steps you will get all apps installed on your desk. please check whether you missed anything from this step by step instructions.

thanks

Yeah I did but still no apps

Those are icons not apps !

However, Have you installed erpnext or just frappe ?

I have followed this -

so I guess erpnext is not installed … I dont know

try this command
bench --site site_name install-app erpnext

1 Like

not a problem.

Step 1 : bench switch-to-master to ensure your frappe is on master branch

Step 2 : bench get-app erpnext --branch master https://github.com/frappe/erpnext to download the app.

Step 3: bench --site [mention your created site] install-app erpnext will install the app.

NOTE

• master is the stable branch, develop is the experimental branch. In case you are a developer, your feature branches should stem from master and constantly updated wrt master to ensure easy merge
  • AVOID Edit Doctype route to change/add features in Doctypes. Never ever do any changes and commit them. I’ll link some videos to help you out later. This will save you a LOT of issues when doing bench update

on performing step 2, it shows this error

erpnextuser@sadikur-PC:/opt/erpnext/erpnext$ bench get-app erpnext GitHub - frappe/erpnext: Free and Open Source Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) --erpnext-branch master
Usage: bench get-app [OPTIONS] [NAME]… GIT_URL
Try “bench get-app --help” for help.

Error: no such option: --erpnext-branch

bench --site example.com install-app erpnext
Could not find app “erpnext”

Oh I’m sorry it is --branch master

you need to do get-app before install app. Just like how you download an installer from the internet and then install the application. get-app collects the source from Github and install-app will install the app on your currently active site.

it shows

erpnextuser@sadikur-PC:/opt/erpnext/erpnext$ bench get-app erpnext GitHub - frappe/erpnext: Free and Open Source Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) --branch master
INFO:bench.app:getting app erpnext
INFO:bench.utils:git clone GitHub - frappe/erpnext: Free and Open Source Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) --branch master --depth 1 --origin upstream
fatal: destination path ‘erpnext’ already exists and is not an empty directory.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/bin/bench”, line 11, in
load_entry_point(‘bench’, ‘console_scripts’, ‘bench’)()
File “/opt/erpnext/bench-repo/bench/cli.py”, line 40, in cli
bench_command()
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py”, line 764, in call
return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py”, line 717, in main
rv = self.invoke(ctx)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py”, line 1137, in invoke
return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py”, line 956, in invoke
return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py”, line 555, in invoke
return callback(*args, **kwargs)
File “/opt/erpnext/bench-repo/bench/commands/make.py”, line 40, in get_app
get_app(git_url, branch=branch)
File “/opt/erpnext/bench-repo/bench/app.py”, line 124, in get_app
cwd=os.path.join(bench_path, ‘apps’))
File “/opt/erpnext/bench-repo/bench/utils.py”, line 159, in exec_cmd
raise CommandFailedError(cmd)
bench.utils.CommandFailedError: git clone GitHub - frappe/erpnext: Free and Open Source Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) --branch master --depth 1 --origin upstream

Delete the current folder in your apps directory. and again run the same command i.e. the Step 2

try 2nd step @root13F says

This worked for me, thanks. I do not recall getting an opportunity to provide an email address during installation. I was only able to do so after logging in as Administrator. I can now see the Desk.