Installation Issue with frappe/bench install.py

I used the easy installation install.py script and It worked in my last installation and when i try to install in another VM i get this error.

TASK [mariadb : apt-get install] ****************************************************
failed: [localhost] (item=[u'mariadb-server', u'mariadb-client', u'mariadb-common', u'libmariadbclient18', u'python-mysqldb', u'python3-mysqldb']) => {"changed": false, "item": ["mariadb-server", "mariadb-client", "mariadb-common", "libmariadbclient18", "python-mysqldb", "python3-mysqldb"], "msg": "No package matching 'python3-mysqldb' is available"}
	to retry, use: --limit @/tmp/.bench/playbooks/site.retry

PLAY RECAP **************************************************************************
localhost                  : ok=12   changed=1    unreachable=0    failed=1   

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "install.py", line 420, in <module>
    install_bench(args)
  File "install.py", line 122, in install_bench
    run_playbook('site.yml', sudo=True, extra_vars=extra_vars)
  File "install.py", line 338, in run_playbook
    success = subprocess.check_call(args, cwd=os.path.join(cwd, 'playbooks'))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 540, in check_call
    raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['ansible-playbook', '-c', 'local', 'site.yml', '-e', '@/tmp/extra_vars.json', '--become', '--become-user=frappe']' returned non-zero exit status 2

Thanks.

You need to install the relevant library eg. “python-mysqldb”

Hi… thanks. Btw isnt the install.py script suppose to install everything automatically. My previous install i only had to run the script and installed without any issue and this time i followed the same steps but i get this error.

Although the scripts DO (normally) install each of the required items, it is possible that one or other aspect slips through the net. I don’t consider myself adequately expert enough to know how or why this happens though.
I prefer to open/copy the scripts and run them semi-manually line-by-line, which let’s me see what’s going on, learn, and also notice any possible errors that can happen along the way.
I have found that in most cases, if something fails i is because I skipped a prerequisite step or forgot to install something that is actually needed

1 Like

Hi. Thanks for the info i was able to install erpnext by installing the missing packages, really appreciate it.