Installation - Error - After Frappe, during ERP Next

Hi,

I followed the installation steps of Easy install at GitHub - frappe/bench: CLI to manage Multi-tenant deployments for Frappe apps.

About System -

Fresh Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
8 GB Memory
Disk Space - 240GB

Installation of Frappe -

1. Output of apt-get install python-minimal

Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
python-minimal is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 65 not upgraded.

1. Had to run the install script to get it working (as per ERPNext Installation Documentation - #2 by axatech01)

2. Final output after installation of frappe bench

PLAY RECAP *********************************************************************
localhost : ok=35 changed=6 unreachable=0 failed=0

Frappe/ERPNext has been successfully installed on your machine.

Please find mysql root password and admin password in “passwords.txt” in your root directory,
you can remove the file after making note of the passwords.

Installation of ERPNext

1. Command - > sudo bench get-app erpnext GitHub - frappe/erpnext: Free and Open Source Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)

2. Error Output

Receiving objects: 100% (199011/199011), 268.65 MiB | 875.00 KiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (150630/150630), done.
Checking connectivity… done.
installing erpnext
INFO:bench.app:installing erpnext
/home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/vendor/requests/packages/urllib3/util/ssl.py:318: SNIMissingWarning: An HTTPS request has been made, but the SNI (Subject Name Indication) extension to TLS is not available on this platform. This may cause the server to present an incorrect TLS certificate, which can cause validation failures. You can upgrade to a newer version of Python to solve this. For more information, see Advanced Usage - urllib3 2.2.0 documentation.
SNIMissingWarning
/home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/vendor/requests/packages/urllib3/util/ssl.py:122: InsecurePlatformWarning: A true SSLContext object is not available. This prevents urllib3 from configuring SSL appropriately and may cause certain SSL connections to fail. You can upgrade to a newer version of Python to solve this. For more information, see Advanced Usage - urllib3 2.2.0 documentation.
InsecurePlatformWarning

Command “python setup.py egg_info” failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-Dcr4DR/frappe/

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/bin/bench”, line 11, in
load_entry_point(‘bench’, ‘console_scripts’, ‘bench’)()
File “/home/frappe/.bench/bench/cli.py”, line 40, in cli
bench_command()
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py”, line 716, in call
return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py”, line 696, in main
rv = self.invoke(ctx)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py”, line 1060, in invoke
return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py”, line 889, in invoke
return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py”, line 534, in invoke
return callback(*args, **kwargs)
File “/home/frappe/.bench/bench/commands/make.py”, line 30, in get_app
get_app(git_url, branch=branch)
File “/home/frappe/.bench/bench/app.py”, line 73, in get_app
install_app(app=app_name, bench_path=bench_path, verbose=verbose)
File “/home/frappe/.bench/bench/app.py”, line 103, in install_app
find_links=find_links))
File “/home/frappe/.bench/bench/utils.py”, line 127, in exec_cmd
raise CommandFailedError(cmd)
bench.utils.CommandFailedError: ./env/bin/pip install -q -e ./apps/erpnext

I did search a lot on google for this wrror “Command “python setup.py egg_info” failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-Dcr4DR/frappe/” but couldn’t find anything around this specific error.

Any help would be appreciated.

Based on the links from the above posted error code, it seems to be a SSL related issue. (Again I’m not sure).

This is what those links mention:

Follow the pyOpenSSL guide to resolve this warning.

The link has the following code:

pip install urllib3[secure]

Output is the following:

Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade): urllib3[secure] in /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages
urllib3 1.7.1 does not provide the extra ‘secure’

Hey @arghya.basu

Here are some pointers:

You didn’t mention if you were installing the production or development branches.

Also don’t sudo bench commands unless specifically specified like in the the lets encrypt guide.

The ssl warning is normal as frappe is still using python v2. The actual error is probably due to permissions or if you are in development branch, cd into the frappe-bench folder before running bench commands

Cheers

What all i did:

1. Logged in as Administrator

2. wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/frappe/bench/master/playbooks/install.py

3. sudo python install.py --develop --user frappe

4. ran “sudo python install.py --develop --user frappe” this 3 times, and then i got the output that “Frappe/ERPNext has been successfully installed on your machine…”

5. Cd’ed to frappe-bench and then

6. sudo bench get-app erpnext GitHub - frappe/erpnext: Free and Open Source Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)

I’ll try without sudo.

Cheers, thanks for replying

Got it to work (the production version)

Here’s what i did:

1. Removed old installations

2. Created a non root user, and used that to do the installation (production) and it worked!

How do i close this thread?

Cool, glad you got it working.

Don’t think there is a need to close it, though one of the mods will if needed.

Cheers Thanks

Hi Felipe- So are you saying that this error is normal if you are in the development branch?

@TTx the bench setup creates a user for you unless you specify one, so if you go and “sudo” every bench command you do, you’ll end up applying root permissions to files which don’t require it. This means that the user the bench installation creates won’t be able to operate on these files owned by root and thus cause permission issues

Also, I’ve seen the ssl warnings on developer branch before as well but that is purely due to the version of python used and how ssl is handled after version 2.7 by python