How to handle accounts in ERPNext for a company with multiple branches

Thank You Geetanjali,

How the Companies with multiple branches are handling accounts in ERPNext?. Is it any company customized account things depends upon branches in ERPNext?. Please provide valuable inputs to handle accounts of multiple branches of the company in ERPNext.

Regards,
Rahul

Hello All

I know this has not been look at in a while.

Could someone please share some samples on how this could be done.

Permissions of user per branch.

Kind regards
Ryder

@rushabh_mehta

Can you help on this . I saw several posts but none of them have any specific solution . Simply

• having a single company with multiple branch
  • manage sales / purchase according to respective branch.
  • restrict sales user / purchase user / account user to their respective branch for carrying out their operations .
  • Branch option in report filter so we can check report branch wise

According to your previous suggestion I tried using cost center . But it only keep track of income / expense . Example : I can’t track my sales order’s / purchase orders for an individual branch . I saw branch doctype is available and only accessible via HR module . Is it possiable to use that doctype for other modules too ?

Thanks

I use warehouse/territory instead of branch…Using user permission setting, assign each user to respective warehouse/territory… But unfortunately up to latest version, I still don’t see warehouse filter in most sales reports to view sales performance by warehouse.

But unfortunately I,m selling services . So warehouse can’t be a solution for me . Also territory is related with customer only :frowning:

[quote=“inventobd, post:7, topic:4983”]
Also territory is related with customer only :frowning:
[/quote] But I think we can change the territory at transaction time?

I’m also looking for this solution. Any good solution yet?

am also looking for this solution?

@inventobd “… unfortunately I’m selling services. So warehouse can’t be a solution for me”

Would it change anything If you took the concept of Warehouses more like a logical rather then a physical idea?

If anyone sorted out the solution. Please mention here

As far as my concern, you able to create more than one company name in ERPNext. At the same time, you should create a new COA in Accounting for the branch. You also able to create branches in ERPNext HRM. Then, all the items, Invoices, PO, PR will be tied with either main branch or sub branches base on the company name you created.

Please mention here if there are any good solutions for this issue. Really need help!

Branch Accounting is not possible under current version. You should have to create branch as a company if you want to maintain branch wise receivable/payable/bank/cash accounts.

@sanjay.kumar thank you for your response. Can you explain how to bind branches with parent company? thanks in advance

Can you help on this . I saw several posts but none of them have any specific solution . Simply

having a single company with multiple branch
manage sales / purchase according to respective branch.
restrict sales user / purchase user / account user to their respective branch for carrying out their operations .
Branch option in report filter so we can check report branch wise

This will work… If you face any specific issue please let us know…

I do not think creating separate companies for each branch is a good idea as you will have to do lots of reconciliation.

I’m currently implement the similar things to my client by using

Different Cost Centre and Different Warehouse for Each Locations.

For report wise, I guess we need to do some customisation.

While for now, I could see a problem here is the document running numbers.Document Running Number Issues

We are planning to implement Business Unit functionality to facilitate Branch Wise Accounting. Please follow below github issue for more details:
https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/issues/12596

It would be nice if people vote for that feature.

Hi all,

If this feature is still desirable, could you please review Adding option to manage Default Company Accounts per Branch instead of by Company [Proposal] · Issue #17273 · frappe/erpnext · GitHub to provide me with feedback on how this might work as well as to get upvote visibility from the Frappe team for comment?

Thanks,

Tristan

I have a solution which in not that perfect still it is working.

1. First of all we have to create an Accounting dimension as Branch.
  2. Next we have to define required cost centers for each branches.
    since the current version (14) doesn’t allow you to link branch and cost center its better not to make any customization on that.
    After doing these i faced a serious issue while doing stock transfer between branches, this time these dimensions wont work. The financial statement wont segregate the stock based on branches since all the stock goes to a common account called Stock In Hand.
    So as a solution for making it easily traceable its better to assign warehouse account of the respective branches with separately created Stock In Hand account in Chart of Accounts.

Accounting Dimensions will help u Assign each transactions to each Branches because they become mandatory. You can also lock these branches for each users through user permissions.