How to get text field value from UI

I have added a custom text field in salary slip doctype. Its for counting the total late days.Means the employees who will come at the office after a particular time are considered to be as late. And there are some other rules and logics i will use to make a result for the salary slip.But the problem is i haven’t found a way how can i get the textfield value from the javascript. i tried to find out from the source code but honestly its very hard to sneak in the code as you followed a new convention i guess and i am not so good Javascript writer as well :cry: Will some one help me to do that. It will be very helpful.

@Arif_123

Yes, You can get the text field value from UI. if the new custom text field name is payment_days.
You can access that field value by adding below code into the .js file of that particular doctype.

cur_frm.doc.field_name i.e cur_frm.doc.payment_days

You can keep logs and check the value apparently. I hope you find this useful.

1 Like

@Arif_123
If the doctype name is Salary Slip then,

frappe.ui.form.on('Salary Slip','payment_days', function(frm, cdt, cdn) {
 console.log(cur_frm.doc.payment_days)
});

Whenever the value gets changed of the field payment_days. It will get you the value and you can perform different operations by using that value.

I’ve kept this for clear understanding. if you got confused by reading the above reply.

1 Like