How is the foundation going?

latest news was that the legal obstacles are out of our way, and the first board meeting was to be held @ the conference in October …

I am very pro foundation and therefore trying to push things forward a little. Surprinsingly nobody seems to be picking up on this … so here is another post

here a search on all topics in this regards

https://discuss.frappe.io/search?q=foundation%20order%3Alatest

1 Like

@vrms thanks for following up. We just received the licence today!

We now have to incorporate and then open a bank account. So far we are on target for having the inaugural meeting at the Conference. But don’t want to make an announcement unless everything is in place.

4 Likes

Great, thks for the update

Edit:

Would you mind to put the “Memorandum of Incorporation” (which is mentioned several times) online as well somewhere @rmehta ?

Next steps after incorporation would be …

1. accept members
  2. confirm and fixate bylaws, etc.
  3. Elect board members

… i’d say.

agreed? Different order maybe?

I could imagine to get all bylaws and structures together could be a lengthy process. Wouls it make sense continue that now in parallel already?

2 Likes

They will be posted online by the Govt soon and they have been drafted as per recommendations of our legal consultant and contain only very generic things that are approved as per Indian Laws.

The foundation is going to be managed as per the by-laws as I posted in the thread: [IMP] Foundation: Way Forward - #3 by vrms

Since the foundation cannot accept “donations” from outside India for 3 years of filing tax returns (and subsequent approvals), the funds will be raised from services (consulting, premium listing, access to leads) given to Regular and Gold members. The official Board of Directors (BoD) will legally responsible for the operations, but they will be managed as per the recommendations of the Executive Board (EB) which will contain elected members.

not 100% sure but isn’t that a bit short for bylaws? I mean that post doesn’t even explicitly name the purpose of the Foundation … you get an understanding of what you mean more or less but only if you know the context. And I guess bylaws should be clear (as clear a legal text can be) contextless.

Is there any specific reason the idea of using the bylaws of others (Linux Foundation, OpenStack) as templates has not been continued?

(from a mail in regards to the ERPNExt Conference in October)

just clarifying what that means … I guess that’s a formal/official announcement and only after that members can join, bylaws can be written, Members of the board can be elected … right?

me again …

(from a mail in regards to the ERPNExt Conference in October)

seems I missed that part in the Conference’s youtube stream. Did I just not stick around long enough?

This was early on in the conference, I think there were some technical difficulties when the talks started.

you mean the foundation was announced during one of the short blackouts in the recording during @rmehta’s speech?

Hah, I guess? It’s been announced, however there are some more steps remaining for it to be fully functional.

Unfortunately we did not complete the registration before the conference. Will upload the full talk maybe later today or tomorrow.

Hopefully should be up in another month!

ok, thanks for the update …