GST Code Sprint on 6th June

Hi everyone,

We are glad to announce that we are hosting a Code Sprint to make ERPNext GST (India) compatible. The event will take place in the Frappe office on 6th June 2017. Anyone from the community can join the event. We can accomodate approx 10-15 people (excluding our team) in our office. If you are willing to join with us, please comment on this thread.

Date: 6th June 2017

Time: 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM

Venue:
Frappe Technologies Pvt. Ltd
D/324, Neelkanth Business Park,
Vidyavihar (West),
Near Vidyavihar Railway Station
Mumbai - 400086

Agenda:

• At the start, we will discuss various requirements of GST implementation and finalise the to-do-list.
  • Then we will move to the coding session, where we will try to implement the requirements as much as we can do in one day.
  • At the end, we will create a plan to finish the pending things and distribute the tasks between us.

There are some community members who have already started to work on GST. @revant_one, @Pawan and many others are doing a fantastic job and already finished the initial research. A lot of discussions happening on this forum and github. You can check them on this link.

Thanks,
Nabin Hait

11 Likes

Thanks Nabit for initiating this subject. Indictrans will definitely become a part of this code sprint. We will put our thoughts in defining to-do list.

Cc: @gupteshwar

3 Likes

Will plan to be there, have contributed initial changes on git issue #8711

3 Likes

Well I would not be able to join though I would like the team to consider the following codes:

1. State doctype which is as per the issue# 8711 in github:
  1. Address doctype should have 2 fields GSTIN and PAN as per the custom json:
  1. Validate the GSTIN number, currently it does not check the check digit logic but including that would also be great:

I have also included this post in the github issue number 8711

2 Likes

ET guide on how one can draft a GST compliant invoice

any progress in the development??