From Quotation to Delivery Note/Sales Invoice--Skip Sales Order

Anybody know how to use quotation, but after that I want to just skip Sales Order and pull it directly into Delivery Note/Sales Invoice?

Tks

1 Like

Why do you want to do that? Sales Order is the basis to keep track of delivery and billing

Creating an invoice from a Quotation is a standard procedure in many business workflows models.
Thats why most accounting and ERP solutions will let the user convert a Quotation to a Sales invoice.

I don’t know about programing and creating ERP apps, but I do know about business workflows for many types of industries.
(in most small and medium size organizations the Sales Order in not necessary, in some cases is a waste of time,

and regarding your question
“Why do you want to do that? Sales Order is the basis to keep track of delivery and billing”

you created an ERP Solution, a very good one, but is an ERP is suppose to manage business needs, not to dictate or force business workflows. so please (if you have the time consider adding the option for converting or creating sales invoice from a Quotation.

Regards !

1 Like

This is a common fallacy. In my experiences, it always works out better for businesses to adopt to systems, rather than the other way round. Change might be a bitter pill to swallow, but its only short term. Maintaining non-standard software, now thats a lifetime worth of headache!

3 Likes

I am sorry to have to comment an old post… and I am afraid to have to give my opinion in favour of porrello.

Machines should adapt to humans not the other way around. ERP alike are build to serve us and our businesses.
Although my software holds most informations about my business, my work and my business is still more important than the software. The ERP is the mean not the aim.
I would also like to use this function to make my workflow simpler and more effective.
Kind Regards from Italy

Why not, instead of skipping the sales order, create a feature where you can proceed directly to invoicing while sales order is created automatically based on the quotation once you process the invoice (like big eCommerce sites such as amazon and lazada) . some small businesses, skip other business flows as these are only additional overhead and meant for bigger businesses.

This is a win-win situation where you maintain the business process flow, while making it easier for smaller business who wants to “skip” sales order.

Even online shopping such as amazon combines the order & payment into one continuous process in order to make it easier for their individual customers.

You can easily achieve this by simple customization. In your custom script of Quotation add the below code

frappe.ui.form.on('Quotation', {
	refresh(frm) {
	    //Add Sales Invoice Button
	    if(frm.doc.status != 'Draft' && frm.doc.status != 'Cancelled'){
	        frm.add_custom_button(__('Sales Invoice'),
			function() {
			    frappe.model.open_mapped_doc({
		            method: "erpnext.selling.doctype.quotation.quotation.make_sales_invoice",
		            frm: frm
	            })
			}, __("Create"));
	    }
   }
})

Now, “Sales Invoice” will appear as an option in “Create” menu in the top-right of Quotation

2 Likes

Wow, thanks a lot, that saved me a lot of work !

I now have a question, creating an invoice from a quotation works perfectly but what about a delivery note from a quotation as well, skipping the sales order step ? Is that even possible ? Thanks.

Hi,
i have a question maybe a little offtopic but related to this thread:
many webshop orders e.g. Amazon sales order have no quotations at all, most of them would be imported via API or manually, how are these “orders only(NO quotations)” cases being handled in ERPNext?
If we only have a sales order and don’t need/have a quotation

afaik, some e-commerce ERPs will have sales orders as the core and quotations as an optional branch on the order process

Many Thanks!