Frappe/ERPNext will have a major update next week! (v11)

Beta releases are always shown, but release notifications in general are only shown when you’re logged in as a sysadmin. There’s definitely some room for improvement in the feature.

this is not the actual release as of the issue of this Topic. Wait till you see the notification of the official release being posted here on the forum.

Yeah, those on staging just need to change branches without the risk of major upgrade issues. Subsequently, staging will probably not be updated. But those on staging can switch whenever suitable and update to the latest master.

bench config auto_update off

To learn more, check for example this reference Localhost auto update?

And the bench help system is also worth exploring too
‘bench --help’ is also ‘bench config --help’

2 Likes

Thanks for your replies @clarkej and @bkm.

I was referring below post before commenting here:

So what I understand is that crontab will run even after auto_update is disabled from bench. But it will check common site config and skip update based on flag set there. A fool proof way would be to remove the job crontab itself.

I discovered that the auto-update is already broken on our servers as the job is unable to find path of bench(sample below from auto_update_log.log). Its been so for all installations we did in past one year. We use easyinstall scripts.
/bin/sh: 1: /home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/bin/bench: not found

Thanks,
Vamyip

Hi,

There’s a major changes in HR module in V11. I’m just wondering what will happen if I update to V11 from V10. Will I be able to maintain all the current structures and other settings in HR?

Thanks

1 Like

I am currently using version 11 beta and i upgraded from version 10. One of the major change i noticed with regards to existing data is salary structure. All salary structures are now submitted and locked which means they can’t be modified (at least i haven’t seen any info about being able to modify a submitted salary structure).

Another major change is you now assign salary structure from a separate doctype as against adding employees from within the salary structure itself.

There are new features added to the HR module which improves it overall so in my opinion it is worth the leap.

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback. Let’s see what happens! Excited!

Sorry to hijack here folks - ‘not found’ is an easy search clue @VamYip no?

v11 is releasing today ?

Yes, it is.

2 Likes

congrats

Has it been released???

@flexy2ky
Will be completed today

2 Likes

Conngo…!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Didn’t bother to ‘fix’ it as fix it would break things for me. :slight_smile:
I’ve disabled auto-update cron jobs on all our servers to be safe.

1 Like

Release done successfully!

2 Likes

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :beers:

Thanks everyone!

2 Likes