Feature Request: Ability to restrict the purchase of items to only suppliers approved for each item

Problem: One can purchase an item from any Supplier.

Example: A hard drive can be purchased from Jans Pet Supply.

Desired Feature: Would like the ability to restrict the purchase of items to only suppliers approved for each item.

2 Likes

Your feature request possibly is among those proposed here [New Feature] Supplier Scorecard

Desired Feature: Would like the ability to restrict the purchase of items to only suppliers approved for each item.
Pic displaying list of supplier approved for each item

You can see here in the pic below that one can pic any vendor from which to purchase a hard drive. in this case Jans Pet Supply.

We can tackle this problem in qty 2 ways
1 Filter items based on supplier

2 Create a custom script to validate suppliers based on the list of suppliers listed for item.

There have been some improvements to the Supplier Scorecard in V11 so it’s possible that you could do this out of the box in V11. Worth a play on beta.erpnext.com to try

@Julian_Robbins thanks for the link to the demo box.
I created an item nic-ski-111-red added some suppliers to it.

Then I created a purchase order for nic-ski-111-red and see that ERPNext did not filter the suppliers.

Hi JasonBrowne -
If the current functionality does not support your use case then be sure to add your request to github, to be considered and merged with other requirement specs.

@JasonBrowne hello Jason

You will need to set up Supplier Scorecard rules too. These can be set to allow or reject purchases based on scoring rules you create yourself.

Hi JasonBrowne,

If you have found the solution please share with me, I also need this option.

Best regards,
Bithons