Error in "Easy Installation" (Never faced before)

Dear All,

I’ve installed Frappe/ERPNext in fresh server before (Successfully, several times). I do some experiments. So, I’ve tried to install in again last night and got this error message twice. The server was fresh.

Thanks in advance!

fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {“changed”: true, “cmd”: [“bench”, “new-site”, “site1.local”, “–admin-password”, “something”, “–mariadb-root-password”, “something”], “delta”: “0:00:01.583183”, “end”: “2018-01-10 05:37:45.063739”, “failed”: true, “rc”: 1, “start”: “2018-01-10 05:37:43.480556”, “stderr”: “ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (2)”, “stderr_lines”: [“ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (2)”], “stdout”: “Database not installed, this can due to lack of permission, or that the database name exists.\nCheck your mysql root password, or use --force to reinstall”, “stdout_lines”: [“Database not installed, this can due to lack of permission, or that the database name exists.”, “Check your mysql root password, or use --force to reinstall”]}
to retry, use: --limit @/tmp/.bench/playbooks/production/install.retry

P.S: What should be my command line for retry as mentioned here? Forgive my ignorance.
“” to retry, use: --limit @/tmp/.bench/playbooks/production/install.retry""

I’ve been facing the same issue. Look like the problem happened to MariaDB. Checked, The database server is working fine and the password as well. Hoping someone will look into this.

Could be due to database being already present.
Notice the error:

Database not installed, this can due to lack of permission, or that the database name exists

Connect to mysql and drop the frappe database.

mysql (mariadb) commands:

SHOW DATABASES;

should output smth like this:

+--------------------+
| Database           |
+--------------------+
| 23jh4g234jhg2434   |
| information_schema |
| mysql              |
| performance_schema |
+--------------------+

23jh4g234jhg2434 - database id.

DROP DATABASE 23jh4g234jhg2434;

And then run install.

The ansible scripts look for the specific lock file location so if you have modified the my.cnf file to point the lock file to another location it will fail.

Thanks; but no DB was there. Anyway this helped.