Error after importing fixtures

Hello,
I am trying to write a custom module for ERPNext. So far, I have created a custom field on the POS Profile Doc Type and exported that to my module. I am now trying to import that into a fresh install (using the official Vagrant image). After pulling updates from git, I run “bench migrate” to apply the new fixture. This runs without error. When I load up the POS Profile I see my custom field present in the form. However, when i try to save the form after filling in the field, I get an error which seems to indicate that the field is not in the database yet. Is “bench migrate” the correct command, or do I need to run something else (or in addition)?

Here is the error message (“default_item_group” is the name of the new field):
OperationalError: (1054, “Unknown column ‘default_item_group’ in ‘field list’”)

Here is the stack trace:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/desk/form/save.py”, line 22, in savedocs
doc.save()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 223, in save
return self._save(*args, **kwargs)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 246, in _save
self.insert()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 200, in insert
self.db_insert()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/base_document.py”, line 296, in db_insert
), d.values())
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/database.py”, line 137, in sql
self._cursor.execute(query, values)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/MySQLdb/cursors.py”, line 205, in execute
self.errorhandler(self, exc, value)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/MySQLdb/connections.py”, line 36, in defaulterrorhandler
raise errorclass, errorvalue

bench migrate should do work, in case you have multiple site please try bench --site your_sitename migrate