ERPNext version 9 upgrade test in high data live environment

Similar but not the same. The multiple items in shopping list seems to be fixed. The search seems to list the template and the variant (which is still a bug). Most likely not related to the issues you are seeing. Still, I would recommend trying out the solution I proposed.

Yes, I will try that, tough job but, will try.

Not the same issue exactly as mine, but relevant. No problem. Thanks.

On a lighter note …dude …you need to charge more … $600 for all this work and support? Even in our Country that still works out @ less than minimum wage from all the hours you have put in.

Lol

1 Like

Lol @olamide_shodunke just trying to build a client base first you know. That’s why this big shop is crucial haha.

2 Likes

Hi @noetico

Devs are looking into this… let’s hope for a speedy resolution. In the meantime, please let’s know how it goes with a fresh install as has been previously advised. Considering you’re currently on V9 it shouldn’t be too difficult to just take a backup and restore to another instance. I had to do the same a little while back when one of my installations was having memory issues after an OS upgrade

Cheers!

I think we were heard! I got an update from github where I posted these issues;
https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/issues/11453

@rohit_w confirmed that I should pull updates, will see what’s up when I update! feels like a good day. So finally @wale was correct lol; the devs are indeed looking at it.

1 Like

@bkm I think they were able to identify the issues based on the explanations, it must have been nearly impossible to replicate. will update at the site over the weekend and see what’s up. will also try locally and update the discussion.

One a lighter mood folks. I just got this very refreshing newsletter, something similar to what we are facing in this great community and something that affects nearly anyone offering services like this. Pardon bringing foreign content, but I just want us to see this is about our trust in the team, and commitment to building the best erp software in the world.

Please read:
===foreign content===

ICTWorks
Thank You For Complaining About Our ICT4D Intervention
Posted: 08 Nov 2017 09:54 PM PST

ICT4D complaint

Recently, I received a strong complaint about an ICT4D intervention I was working on. At first my colleagues who were helping me with this project and I were angry and hurt. Our initial reactions included:

How dare they criticize us, we’re just trying to help!
Who are they to judge? They’ve not done what we have!
Where did we mess up so bad to get a complaint?
Yet, after thinking about it, I realized we shouldn’t react in the negative. In fact, I started to get excited, and wanted to celebrate. Why?

Complaints Are Compliments

I was excited that someone complained about our project because it meant three very important actions were taking place in the mind of our constituent:

1. They Cared.

Their complaint meant that that our constituents had not only noticed our intervention, but they were emotionally invested in it enough to think about its impact and how it could be improved. This is so much better than them not noticing, or noticing and then not caring about improving the service.

2. They Trusted Us.

Giving feedback is a very vulnerable act. The complainer has now exposed themselves to the intervention directors as someone who is brave enough to complain. In the usual power dynamic of international development, where the intervention directors can quickly shift needed resources elsewhere, a complaint requires great trust. I took it as an honor they would trust us to listen.

3. We Can Now Improve.

We must seek out feedback to improve any intervention, so constituent feedback is improvement gold. Where my colleagues and I initially were angry and hurt, I started to read and re-read the feedback to figure out how we could improve our service for this constituent – and any other with the same issue. If only we could get more honest feedback, we could all be so much better in our work.

That is why I now take constituent complaints as high compliments. Its not easy, and I’m just as likely as the next person to initially react with hurt and anger, but we must look beyond our quick emotions to the underlying reality that complaints mean they care, they trust us, and we can now improve to earn even more trust.

3 Likes

That is amazing news!! You are correct in your assessment of trying to replicate it. I look forward to hearing your results after the weekend.

I must admit, I was skeptical that we would get any developer attention. The new structure of module groups worried me when I realized that our group had no developers to sign on as interested contributors. The effort required to replicate your issues only added to the worry of getting attention.

This is a much better way to start the day.

Thank you for sharing the excitement.

BKM

@bkm @ganas
Was just writing a post when I saw yours @bkm . I have tested and the search issue still persists so to ensure they dont loose parts of our discussion due to the size, ive started a new post, as well as will update on github. Its something we can all reproduce and you can be able to guide the devs on how to fix or optimize. i’ll post the link now.

Please if you have time, look at this friends.

Great efforts by the team and foundation. We appreciate

1 Like

Just for the benefit of those who never used pos in v6 or cant appreciate the whole search issue; here’s what it has always been; we’re not redefining, we’re asking for what has always worked and nothing less. See v6 handle 1 result on search. Nothing is entered in cart, it waits for you to select, because this single result may not be the item you need for many reasons beyond this thread.

Good news! @rohit_w says he has fixed the search to work as original. We’ll be waiting for go-ahead to pull the update and test. Thanks guys. @olamide_shodunke @bkm @ganas we are making progress on reinstating search, great team. here’s the fix in action: Add item directly in the cart only if serial no, batch, barcode has enter in the search field by rohitwaghchaure · Pull Request #11510 · frappe/erpnext · GitHub

1 Like

POS on v9 WORKS PERFECTLY! Confidence restored!

2 Likes

I am experiences described issues…In the very early days of the POS I suggested that it should be possible to distinguish between manual and barcode scanner input…no one can type with the speed of a scanner…and use this to make the system more “intelligent” …further the behavior is ennoying if i have code abc1 and code abc11 i cannot enter the code but have to type abc and select from screen…

It’s been solved Sir. Check end of thread. Backup your database or make vm appliance (best option, hope you’re running a vm)‎. Pull the fix.

Do

bench update --reset‎

in case you have made changes, else just
bench update

Everything is super cool now, just a few small bugs that I believe they’ll figure out soon, we’ll give the devs room to breathe then just present some other minor fixes.

In addition; the main problem I later realized was that the pos was matching what you entered to the closest thing it found in the dB! the devs quickly fixed it because this was simply not ok; now we have it exact matching only barcode, serial, batch ‎and then presenting results for other item attributes so the user selects, not just entering things into the cart.

Am happy this was resolved this quickly.

it can only get better

great…am a cloud user so will have to wait a few days…rgds robert