ERPNext version 9 upgrade test in high data live environment

I really do not know why we are still on this reprint. matter.

Please do a bit of research the biggest retail solutions have this feature as standard. Reprinting a receipt is controlled by user rights, only supervisors can do this. This is industry standard.

Even if it is not (which it is) a group of people are stating that it is required in their region. I do not think it is proper for any set to try and prove that it should not be so. Let’s accommodate each other’'s needs.

Some people are agitating for numbers for gl accounts, I consider this to be old school but I can uderstand their need and am not raining on their parade.

If in my region a particular need is important for business why should you take it on yourself to point out that it is silly?

And to make matters worse …this is standard in retail! QuickBooks PoS has this feature as standard. Retail Pro same. LS Retail same, AX Retail same. These are some of the juggernauts of the retail industry.

Let’s accommodate different needs please

Well said! Well said! It wouldn’t hurt to just do this; at best as @ganas has suggested, an option.

Guys, do we have a summarized list of issues (github issue?) that need to be fixed in v9 POS. Going through all of these posts is a bit difficult :sweat_smile:

Yes please, we started something else here:

One more thing guys. I think @olamide_shodunke raised this last time.

Dealing with a lesser payment, i.e. Ball is priced $12. User pays $5. This transaction still goes through.

Is this list of issues extensive or is it just a few urgent things we’ve already discussed here?

Lets add it here… ERPNext Version 9 POS update requests - #2 by bkm

solid point

Thanks for bringing this up…let’s add it to the new topic started by @noetico

added… please check if its good for your point

I have tried it on both v8 and v9, and on v9 for both online and offline. The Firefox v52.4.0 32 bit print dialog does not show and goes directly to printer. Only concern is that on online mode, you have to click on “print”. The offline version, you can “hack” the POS to print directly after submitting transactions.

Regards.

Exactly my point! Previous pos we just hacked it to print directly and open a new invoice; then we hid breadcrumbs. This one is built into frappe, so if we fix, updates will reset it and you need to do it again. Until this is fixed or improved; I don’t intend to upgrade any other sites.

Will try the silent print again; but it’s useless if the pos print can’t be reliably hacked. Well; I’m considering having a copy count inprinted on the sinv everytime everytime printed; so, copy 1, copy 2. Etc. Bold, above the invoice. I think a simple script can help, will talk to @bobzz_zone

Hi,

I think to get the print numbered and limjted it is we need to change something in frappe… but we still cant change the ability for user change the umber of printed in the print dialog

Thanks

As an end user I would be a bit concerned about the above mentioned loading times. Waiting even for 8 seconds for an item to load would be an operational nightmare. Can you share more about the number of transactions, products, sales invoices, inventory transactions, pos quantity, etc and how the times are now after a few days of switching to v9?

Hello @bobzz_zone that will be fine. For now; our focus is to ensure the software has a feel of ‘security’; putting the print number solves the problem largely for almost any client or situation; so for sales invoice we expect copy 1 at all times; the we’ll print frappe.user as well so it also outputs who printed the copy.

ok, maybe i;ll visit them tomorrow and see the performance. Will post them here

True, because the same crimes can be perpetrated, here’s the thing, we hope to use silent print to avoid changing print numbers at time of printing… so it depends on which is easier or doable, hide the button on submitted sale after first click and maybe allow only for role ‘Accounts Manager’ or show print copy. For both, we will enable silent printing

…and yes, kiosk printing works, on Chrome and Firefox @H_N so thats a great step ahead, we can focus on minor fixes for printing in erpnext now.

Good morning… just looked at the cashiers sell; still holding at an average of about 8 seconds. Not bad for us, considering the past! But could be better. Truth is while they get the cash, confirm, its submitted and till drawer is open, change is given if needed. No serious delay for customer.

Their complain still remains

From managers: ability to easily print again; we turned on silent print, nice, so once we get a work around for the print button, we’re good.

From cashiers:1. items flying into the cart while searching
2. Item name not readable (too short in cart list) to even know what they are really.
3. Items show rate instead of amount or both for line item

Just catching up on this process:
You can pad out short barcodes with the scanner app that comes with Motorola POS scanners.

So make bread items say 7xxx and make green vegetables say 8xxx. The software allows you to pad beginning or end with what ever you want. So a bread bun is 7100 and 6 bread buns is 7106. 12 bread buns 7112 etc etc. If you need to increase size to UPC barcodes then pad with 0’s to 7112000000. Scanner will read 7112 and POS will accept 7112 via keyboard. 12 green vegetables would be 8012. Put all fast scans on A4 paper for cashier.

Many items come with a poorly printed barcode, distorted or blurred, sometimes damaged due to handling,

REPEAT AFTER ME: This is not an IT issue. And not something IT can fix.

inventory may have typed the code by hand hoping some day a Barcode printer will be purchased; many stores don’t have a printer, we can’t enforce that;

Then buy a printer collectively? You can get a new thermal barcode printer for under $100USD . Between 3 stores you might need an industrial one so maybe $ 300USD? They are Thermal so no ink costs. USB or network. Or just use A4 paper as above.

even when a printer is available; it may not get used for many reasons beyond us.

Yes people are strange. I don’t understand it either… But in situations like this I find repeating that “This is not actually an IT issue. And as such not something that IT can fix.”

Agreed its great to hear everyones diverse situations but to put it succently at post 84 of 120 :slight_smile:

Forget about about offline/online speed etc. Thats all about to become irrelevant with the native React apps and ERPNext desktop.
All physical barcodes can be scanned and printed with no issue at minimal cost.
Items can be divided for the cashier by product group / barcode and alphabetical search.

For a fast small supermarket or food place what has to be done is to work out the most efficient use of data TX and DB overhead that we can get away with on each transaction/sale.
We need a DBA who can look at the current ERPnext POS transaction process/API… Who will then probably have to mod it a bit… Then we utilise the many advantages of native separate POS apps.
Slightly slower retail stores would probably use the built in ERPnext POS as it has more printing / payment and customer features.
Separating the POS module is a good idea I think. Just need to find Funds for DBA and React Dev with a strong knowledge of frappe…

Ok; sure. Damaged barcodes are not IT problem; but‎ previously, when they couldn’t scan they just punched in the barcodes! Now doing that; most times throws in unwanted items into the cart. Again, I restate; this has not ever been an issue for over 15 installations I’ve ben involved with until now, last Sunday. So something has changed about the pos search bar! I got the same complaint just this morning! It’s something I’ve never got for about 3 years now.