Erpnext-production ova download and import in vm virtualbox

1> i m try to installed in ubuntu also but i m facing so may issue
2 >next i m download erpnext-production ova file and import in vm virtual box import successfully also
putting there password also next how to run there erpnext i dont know so pls help me to resolve my problem

I read you mentioned of successful install of Ova file into VM. Let me list steps you should be taking and see where you getting stuck:

1. Install VM
  2. Run Ova file and click Next/Go, which will bring one item as ERPNext on left panel within VM
  3. Click on it, a new window with Ubuntu will start and then it turns into command line
  4. Put frappe as user name and password
  5. You would see it showing success and some command, mentioning to start on local host browser.
  6. Now, come out of VM and start your bowser (chrome or Firefox etc.) & in search bar type localhost:8080
  7. ERPNext page will open with login screen
  8. Enter username as Administrator and password as admin.
  9. Complete remaining setup.
  10. Bingo! Enjoy ERPNext.

If you still getting stuck, say on which point and share screenshot as well.

2 Likes

thank you so much

@Harshal_nirmal , curious to know, did it work for u

yes its work follow the step properly

can we host thought the vm to other system

If I understand you correctly, what you asking is installing VM in machine-A and then access that VM hosted ERPNext in another machine-B,C,D, etc…

If you are on LAN then on machine-B,C,D you need to go to browser & instead of 'localhost:8080", you need to put “IP address of machine-A:8080”

If you have a static IP for machine-A, then same way as above “static IP of machine-A:8080” you could access it anywhere on the internet.

_Liyakat

thank you much for reply … can you share step by step how to configure above details ??

1. Install VM
  2. Run Ova file and click Next/Go, which will bring one item as ERPNext on left panel within VM
  3. Click on it, a new window with Ubuntu will start and then it turns into command line
  4. Put frappe as user name and password
  5. You would see it showing success and some command, mentioning to start on local host browser.
  6. Now, come out of VM and start your bowser (chrome or Firefox etc.) & in search bar type localhost:8080
  7. ERPNext page will open with login screen
  8. Enter username as Administrator and password as admin.
  9. Complete remaining setup.
  10. Bingo! Enjoy ERPNext.

If you asking about how to setup static Ip. I regret to say that you have to ask at the Lord Google :slight_smile:

I am using the ERPNEXT VM image on AWS. I followed some instructions (available on AWS “How to import a VM Image” and it is working fine…

i am talking about above configuration
i am install vm vm through import production ova file and putting there user name and password i can access on browser when putting localhost:8080
administrator and admin its working properly only my question is my system access this localhost same i want to access that localhost8080 on another system… my system connectivity vai lan through so sir i request you pls share step by step configuration setting for accessing for another system

regards
Harshal NIRMAL

Steps:

1. Follow above steps 1 to 10 and you should be ready to use ERPNext on the same machine in which you have installed VM
  2. Find IP address of the machine of #1 (ask google about how to find IP address)
  3. Within the LAN network, go onto another machine and open browser
  4. Type “IP address from #2 : 8080” and you will get the ERPNext which is installed as per point #1

If you wish to access the VM installed on any machine outside LAN, you should be having static IP on the main machine where you have installed ERPNext (VM or Bench installation)

thanks for your revert i am working on that let you know if i getting any issue in that
thanks you so much for your support

regards
Harshal Nirmal

thanks for your revert i am working on that let you know if i getting any issue in that
thanks you so much for your support

regards
Harshal Nirmal

on vm machine

aws cloud is its free ware ? ? ?

when i open broswer and type and address it show internal server error

I am facing issue which running VM on left side

Not in a hypervisor partition (HVP=0) (VERR_NEM_NOT_AVAILABLE).

VT-x is disabled in the BIOS for all CPU modes (VERR_VMX_MSR_ALL_VMX_DISABLED).

Result Code: E_FAIL (0x80004005)
Component: ConsoleWrap
Interface: IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}

I did this following steps and can access the local host . My question , How can I find frappe bench location and customize application directory structure ? . In which location i can find all the related files.
In cmd , location showing like “home/frappe/frappe-bench” , How can i find that file inside my windows 10?.

Hello,

I successfully tried bridge adapter and access erp on vmware from local network.

But still unsuccessful for accessing outside lan area. I am not able to access from internet.