Embedded Youtube Video in Blog

Good Day

Is it possible to insert a Youtube video in blog post?
I can insert a link, but a video could change the looks allot for me.

Thank You

I think you can embed the video if you follow the notes I made here: Letter Head HTML / Table Setup - #2 by MichaelPinkowski (Substituting the Blog Post DocType for Letterhead in this example.)

But it will probably be a one-way street. If you try to switch back to the Markdown editor you might lose the embedded code. I am sure you will lose it if you switch back to Markdown and then open that post.

1 Like

Good Day

Thank You for reply. In some unknown way i managed to add embedded video in standard blog edit, but cannot replicate every time as i am still unsure how i did it or when it embed video instead of Text.

As i can see it possible in some way, could someone not add a button to bar to include embedded youtube videos as it does with include image (Picture).

Thank You

Albertus

The bar that you are referring to is the Markdown Editor called “Quill”. It is a separate open-source project that has been incorporated into v11. So it is not Frappe/ERPNext code, it is not a simple matter of “adding a button”.

If you are up to it, there is a workaround here that replaces the Quill Editor with the Jodit Editor: Significant Quill WYSIWYG Editor problems (v11) - #17 by MichaelPinkowski

Good Day

Thank You. Make more sense now.