Email delay on Sales Orders and Purchase Orders

Hi,

In Version 8 sending email from Purchase Orders and Sales Orders now appear to go into the email queue, which gets processed by workers every N minutes.

This is a big set back. PO’s are often very time sensitive, and a purchaser will sometimes be on the phone to a supplier and say: “I just sent you the PO, can you check your email and confirm all is in good order?”.

With the queue in place, the delay makes this not work. I understand the queue has great value for bulk email, but for PO’s, Sales Orders, Quotes, it just does not make sense.

As a temporary workaround, how can I make the queue worker frequency more aggressive? This has been requested in the past, but there was no follow up.

Thanks,
-Jev

1 Like

@ebjorsell
Would you mind creating a github issue for the same.

My pleasure @ArundhatiS

Here’s the new github issue: Sending Docs from ERPNext should be immediate · Issue #9049 · frappe/erpnext · GitHub

I updated the github issue with some new details today. I’m still seeing delays when sending Purchase Orders from ERPNext.

See Sending Docs from ERPNext should be immediate · Issue #9049 · frappe/erpnext · GitHub for my most recent update. I’m hoping someone will reopen that issue.