Dropbox Backup Upload Failure

Dear All,

I have successfully setup dropbox integration on the testing database setup and it was working fine for daily backup and now I setup for production database, I drop the testing database and setup dropbox integration from the beginning for production database by following the instruction from https://erpnext.org/docs/user/manual/en/setting-up/integrations/dropbox-backup.

I’m following the Open Source Version Instructions because ERPNext Managed Version Instructions is not working (clicking Allow Dropbox access button doesn’t trigger Login to Dropbox Page)

These are the steps I have done for setting up the dropbox integrations:

1. Delete app from Login - Dropbox (old app from testing database)
  2. Create new dropbox api app
  3. Follow Open Source Version Instructions but on step 9 clicking Allow dropbox access doesn’t trigger Login to Dropbox Page
  4. Push take backup now button and receive backup upload failed email

PS. Email setup is working fine and I have make sure that app key and app secret is correctly entered.

Below is the email content I received from my server indicating backup upload failed:

Backup Upload Failed

Oops, your automated backup to Dropbox failed.

Error message:
F - N
a - o
i -
l - A
e - c
d - c

• e
    b - s
    a - s
    c -
    k - T
    u - o
    p - k
  • e
    u - n
    p -
    l - e
    o - x
    a - i
    d - s
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/integrations/doctype/dropbox_settings/dropbox_settings.py”, line 48, in take_backup_to_dropbox
    if did_not_upload: raise Exception
    Exception
    Please contact your system manager for more information.

Other action i tried apart from instructions: Push generate access token, this action creating backup folder in dropbox but backup upload still failed. I also tried to remove the locks file from this instructions Dropbox Backup Stopped Working but still no luck.

Hi, anybody can help with this???

@hokgt Not able to reproduce the issue at my end. Are you still facing the issue?

@saurabh6790 I’m still facing the dropbox backup issue although the error is different now. I already make sure that the app key and app secret correctly entered and also I’ve also followed this thread Setup dropbox backup [User Manual] and entered the access token but still failed.

Backup Upload Failed

Error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/integrations/doctype/dropbox_settings/dropbox_settings.py”, line 47, in take_backup_to_dropbox
did_not_upload, error_log = backup_to_dropbox()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/integrations/doctype/dropbox_settings/dropbox_settings.py”, line 88, in backup_to_dropbox
dropbox_settings = get_dropbox_settings()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/integrations/doctype/dropbox_settings/dropbox_settings.py”, line 220, in get_dropbox_settings
raise Exception(_(“Please set Dropbox access keys in your site config”))
Exception: Please set Dropbox access keys in your site config
Please contact your system manager for more information.

Backup Upload Failed!

Error message: Traceback (most recent call last): File “apps/frappe/frappe/integrations/doctype/dropbox_settings/dropbox_settings.py”, line 75, in take_backup_to_dropbox did_not_upload, error_log = backup_to_dropbox(upload_db_backup) File “apps/frappe/frappe/integrations/doctype/dropbox_settings/dropbox_settings.py”, line 134, in backup_to_dropbox upload_file_to_dropbox(filename, “/database”, dropbox_client) File “apps/frappe/frappe/integrations/doctype/dropbox_settings/dropbox_settings.py”, line 207, in upload_file_to_dropbox create_folder_if_not_exists(folder, dropbox_client) File “apps/frappe/frappe/integrations/doctype/dropbox_settings/dropbox_settings.py”, line 245, in create_folder_if_not_exists dropbox_client.files_get_metadata(folder) File “env/lib/python3.10/site-packages/dropbox/base.py”, line 1508, in files_get_metadata r = self.request( File “env/lib/python3.10/site-packages/dropbox/dropbox_client.py”, line 321, in request res = self.request_json_string_with_retry(host, File “env/lib/python3.10/site-packages/dropbox/dropbox_client.py”, line 476, in request_json_string_with_retry return self.request_json_string(host, File “env/lib/python3.10/site-packages/dropbox/dropbox_client.py”, line 607, in request_json_string raise AuthError(request_id, err) dropbox.exceptions.AuthError: AuthError(‘5e73ddb0f27142dc9d58610a875b8ce2’, AuthError(‘expired_access_token’, None))

1 Like

Configured dropbox settings and am able to upload the backup. But most of the time I am getting the above error. Is there any issue in uploading the backup automatically? from the ERPnext side? Thanks.

Exactly the same error.

How did you configure the dropbox settings to make it work?

I also failed in my try to automatically have backups with the google drive although the account linking process for both options worked.