Difference between develop and master branch

What is the difference between develop and master branch?
I am really confuse about the environment should i put my work for production… Please help me to understand there differences…
Thank you!

A search on ‘develop or master branch’ will turn up this that may help Breaking down Environment and branch (develop, master)

Oh please! Don’t even dream of using the develop branch for a production deployment unless you have competent development and technical support people to intervene when necessary (which will be often).

The develop branch has the latest features. But is very unstable.

The master branch is VERY stable. All my clients are on master and it runs with hardly any intervention. Please do run updates every week, else you will have trouble when you do.

Don’t get seduced by new features and think you will be able to deploy the develop branch for a production deployment. You will get seriously stressed out.

Just wait for the new features to be merged in the master. It will take a few months, but it’s worth the wait.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Jay

5 Likes

sir how can i install the previous version of the master, I’ve been trying to install a master environment but i still got an error for of the version i downloaded on my server on frappe??
i use this manual installation Complete Manual Installation Guide (Ubuntu 14.x, 16.x, 17.x) as my guide… can you help me with my installation

ERPNext: v10.1.39 (master)
Frappe Framework: v11.x.x-develop (4bf6836) (develop)

thank you very much for the reply I really appreciate it so much…

As this forum will attest installs can be tricky and errors are common

For that reason to skip those snags I download and run the VM version. But then that means other wrinkles to iron out.

“i still got an error for of the version i downloaded”

Do search the forum for help and/or post your error traceback…in a new thread

Rather refer to this:

Easy install will need a blank server so you will probably have to delete all the installs done prior.

Even the OP has stated that the method is for a development setup.

i also refer to that but it still it throws a lot of error… especially on 16.04 server i’ve been doing it 5 times this day…

Open a new thread and post those error logs. The devs can push fixes to those and even the community members can help out.

In your case, Frappe is on the Develop branch. For ERPNext to work as intended, it is best that both the applications stay on the same branch as these are tightly coupled.

You need to have Frappe on master branch as well.

i already found out the error on my installation causing the versions. when i ran the first command below that causes
ERPNext: v10.1.39 (master)
Frappe Framework: v11.x.x-develop (4bf6836) (develop)

1. bench get-app --branch master erpnext GitHub - frappe/erpnext: Free and Open Source Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)