Did ERPNext go from full offline to semi offline?

Was there any reason that ERPNext now requires us to be semi online for us to accesss page like the login page?

I can’t confirm your observation. accessing local ERPnext test instances every day and due to a bug in my LXD environment they are offline sometimes, which I only notice in case I want to run a bench update or so. Apart from exchange rates not being fetched (which I only notice in case I want to perform some multi-currency transactions) I see no limitations in usage when offline whatsoever.

So, can you specify your observation?

@vrms
Hmm strange. what erpnext version are you using and on what os?

I have made a post earlier regarding this issue.

Based on that reply a couple of user also was experiencing this issue and has come to a conclusion that it checks a page online.

Anyone know (esp. devs) why erpnext needs online for selfhosting

It shouldn’t need it. This was a design mistake during development, in my opinion. I’m going to reply on that other thread, with some more thoughts.

But you’re correct, that’s how it’s now configured to behave. Wrongly, imo.

1 Like

Hello Brian

I just came across your post and was wondering if there has been any update on the ERPNext offline mode for self hosting accounts

Connectivity in our region is very poor so the offline mode would be very helpful

I just ran a test for you. With zero internet access, I can successfully launch a self-hosted ERPNext, and login.

This test was performed using ERPNext version 12.9.4.

No guarantees that future releases might not re-introduce an external dependency. In which case we’ll raise the issue again. But right now, it appears working offline is possible.

Thanks a lot for the feedback

I’ve just installed version 12.13.0 and still cannot login without internet connection. Could someone help me? I’m a new user.

Should I wait for the next release? Or should I edit some code myself? By the way, I followed the instruction installation for production with sinle bench with env-local.