Default Charts of account

Hi,

There are in erpnext/accounts/doctype/account/chart_of_account/unverified several other template country related for charts of accounts.

I’d like to make one of these as a standard default for my company, or if needed a new one : How can we activate them and make them appear in the system ?

This would avoid to customize a chart of account folder by folder which is time consuming when job is already done, and to use the correct accounting architecture ?

Thanks,

Hubert

Edit : in fact I think it somewhere ahas to do with thes cod apart :

@frappe.whitelist()
def get_charts_for_country(country):
charts = []

def _get_chart_name(content):
	if content:
		content = json.loads(content)
		if content and content.get("is_active", "No") == "Yes" and content.get("disabled", "No") == "No":
			charts.append(content["name"])

country_code = frappe.db.get_value("Country", country, "code")
if country_code:
	path = os.path.join(os.path.dirname(__file__), "verified")
	for fname in os.listdir(path):
		if fname.startswith(country_code) and fname.endswith(".json"):
			with open(os.path.join(path, fname), "r") as f:
				_get_chart_name(f.read())

# countries_use_OHADA_system = ["Benin", "Burkina Faso", "Cameroon", "Central African Republic", "Comoros",
# 	"Congo", "Ivory Coast", "Gabon", "Guinea", "Guinea Bissau", "Equatorial Guinea", "Mali", "Niger",
# 	"Replica of Democratic Congo", "Senegal", "Chad", "Togo"]
#
# if country in countries_use_OHADA_system:
# 	with open(os.path.join(os.path.dirname(__file__), "syscohada_syscohada_chart_template.json"), "r") as f:
# 		_get_chart_name(f.read())

if len(charts) != 1:
	#charts.append("Standard")

return charts

Any help please ?

@Hub we are working on a tool for the community to help with the default CoA. Stay tuned!

great. Some remarks. Now at the end of the year I have to do a lot of mental gymnastics to “translate” the standard CoC into the Dutch system (uses 5 roots, including equity, like in many countries)
It would be great if:

1. Cloud users could also benefit from the national CoA’s
  2. For exiting users like me: allow to switch to a new accounting CoC (in other words the existing standard CoA
    is converted into the national CoA)

Now you can contribute the chart of accounts for your country via Contribute Chart of Accounts for your country

@nabinhait

If I customize the CoA from the interface and built a new one, how I can export it from the interface to the json file?

Regards
Bilal

Currently the feature is not available, please create a github issue for this.