Date format of forum posts

to understand when exactly a comment was posted can make a difference in terms if whether it’s relevant (anymore) or not, so the date format should be clear.

at present you could come accros something like April 14 which could stand for 14th of April 2018 or April 2014.

wouldn’t it make sense to choose a date format that is chrystal clear and does not allow any disambigueties?

Hi vrms,

In my (browser?) case, in say a search results list, prior years for eg 2014 show like this April '14 !?

so, you never asked yourself whether that means 14th of April vs April of 2014?
Is it the ' making the difference then? Will try to look for that.

Still i am pretty lazy and would rather see something that leaves no room for error whatsoever. That being said 14 Apr 2014 would scratch my itch

“so, you never asked yourself whether that means 14th of April vs April of 2014?”

Yes prior year posts lack a full date - but if you mouseover that abbreviated date, a ‘cloud’ lists the precise date and time

ok, will try that thanks.

Even though I think the right solution would be not to need inside knowledge to understand the date of a post in one glance. If I where the admin of this forum I’d just set that up without any hesitation/discussion.