Dashboard not available for production environment

I have installed the ErpNxt on my AWS ec2 instance using the easy install steps as given on the GitHub page. However, I am not able to access the dashboard feature of ErpNext. It’s not showing on the menu. Can someone please help me.

The dashboard you refer to is perhaps the desktop? [Version 12] Killing the iconic desktop

If not, to post a screenshot would illustrate what context you mean here

Hi clarke, i mean the dashboard where we could put multiple charts for comparison. I have attached the picture.

ok excuse me I have no experience but there’s this doc Not Found

or a forum search for relevant q&a pointers

Thank you, but the problem is that I am not able to find the dashboard window.

@keshavgaddhyan Please check if your ERPNext version is 12.

1 Like

HI @netchampfaris how do i check that? i have used this script to install ErpNext on my ec2 instance.

From the web gui client under Help > About, or alternatively on the server from the frappe-bench directory:

frappe@ubuntu:~/frappe-bench$ pwd
/home/frappe/frappe-bench

You run this bench command:

frappe@ubuntu:~/frappe-bench$ bench version
erpnext 11.1.3
frappe 11.1.3

Hence this example corresponds to v11 - the production version to be found on the master branch:

frappe@ubuntu:~/frappe-bench$ cd apps/erpnext/
frappe@ubuntu:~/frappe-bench/apps/erpnext$ git status
On branch master
Your branch is up-to-date with 'upstream/master'.

Hi @clarkej @netchampfaris I checked my ErpNext and frappe version which is 11.x . How can I upgrade it to version 12 so that i can access the dashboard API. Also is there a production environment yet for version 12 or would i have to work on develop mode? Thanks in advance!

Version 12 is not released yet, so there is no “v12” officially, it won’t even show up via the command bench version. The only way to make sure you are using v12 is switching to the develop branch and pulling the latest changes.

You can use the develop branch in production. That is what we do for our own ERPNext instance.

1 Like

Hi, can you please give me the steps to run production mode using erpnext develop branch. I am using the ubuntu AWS EC2 instance and have installed erpnext using the easy install steps. Really appreciate your help.

You could try the command bench switch-to-develop or do a reinstall with --develop

For production mode run sudo supervisorctl start all or for development mode run bench start

edit: Other notes

• either mode works on any branch (master, develop, etc) IOW there are no restrictions to switch modes.

• however to switch to another branch may not work as expected since with data migration the patches work just one way, to move forward in the code. So for eg to run switch-to-master from develop may fail since you are returning to an earlier codebase.

1 Like

Thanks @clarkej. Appreciate your help