Customizing website

I am new to ERPNext and would like to make modifications to the website. Some of the modifications I am having a little difficulty with:

• Remove product lists from the splash screen, but show once user is logged in
    – I tried customizing the form, but checking all the hide boxes has no effect. Also trying to remove all products from the list has no effect, at least one product will re-appear
  • Show different content based on roles

Is there a primer for customizing the website that is up to date? I am seeing old information not applicable anymore.

Also a side note, I am more interested in removing pricing from the product page. I do not mind that the products show.

why just disable the webshop…

Our business model allows companies to resell the product. As such, we don’t publish pricing.

I see in another thread someone trying to do the exact same thing

Once the home.py script has been adjusted to remove the mandatory 3 items here, how do I instantiate these changes?:

show atleast 3 products

if len(homepage.products) < 3:
	for i in xrange(3 - len(homepage.products)):
		homepage.append('products', {
			'item_code': 'product-{0}'.format(i),
			'item_name': frappe._('Product {0}').format(i),
			'route': '#'
		})

I have commented out the lines above like this but the issue still persists. Please help!:

show atleast 3 products

“”" if len(homepage.products) < 3:
for i in xrange(3 - len(homepage.products)):
homepage.append(‘products’, {
‘item_code’: ‘product-{0}’.format(i),
‘item_name’: frappe._(‘Product {0}’).format(i),
‘route’: ‘#’
})
“”"

I have tried bench reload and migrate:

[frappe@hostname frappe-bench]$ bench --site site1.local migrate
Migrating site1.local
Updating frappe : [========================================]
Updating erpnext : [========================================]
Syncing help database…
[frappe@hostname frappe-bench]$

@dnaink: we had to do the custom software development to significantly overhaul the home page of the new ERP Next-based site we just launched - https://icloak.me/

We could not find easy ways to implement the feature similar to your original wish, “Remove product lists from the splash screen, but show once user is logged in”, otherwise

@dnaink no sign of your code change you ask!?

That’s because a .py file runs as a compiled .pyc file and the run time environmenty ignores your edit. But delete the stale .pyc and your .py change will recompile to a new .pyc to reflect your change.

Yes you may opt to go for a custom home page Remove Feature Products in Homepage - #6 by naim5441

@clarkej Thanks for the input. I appreciate the help, and will revert with any other questions on this topic

@dnaink in Shopping Cart settings, just remove the Price List and the prices will not be shown.

@rmehta Many thanks. This is exactly what I needed.

What I did run into was that the pricelist is mandatory, so I changed that by unchecking mandatory. Then removed the existing pricelist and saved, and it worked as promised.

Thanks for reporting, will remove the price list mandatory check by default!