CSV file of translation

1. In the csv file of the translation (the erpnext-id.csv and frappe-id.csv), there are 3 columns:
  • DocType (or path to a py or js file)
  • Original language (en)
  • Translated language (id)

But some lines don’t have any text in the DocType column. I read that the 1st column is only for info.
Is there any issue if I fill in the blanks in these 1st column?
Is there any issue if I change the order of the lines?

1. The number of lines in the files are:
  • erpnext-id.csv = 5105
  • frappe-id.csv = 3123
    Which doesn’t add up to the numbers of lines (messages) on the web (attached image)

Why?
How to get the full list of english? (interestingly, the en file only has 1 lines)

Thank you
note: I use the csv for self host installation.

Why you don’t use translate.erpnext.com so you contribute to others users?
We also have a self hosted implementation and mantain updated the Spanish language in translate.erpnext.com.

I know that you have to wait for the translations be updated but it’s the best way to manage it.

I did but then there are three reason I do in csv:

• it is difficult to see context in the portal because the 1st column is not shown (at least).
  • it is difficult to see which I have translated and which have not (the same as from other translator).
  • sometimes for client we can’t wait for the update. At least in the early install it has to have majority translated.

So I want to translate in csv, then copy paste it to the portal.
This way at least I have the control of what I translate.
And still have my contribution :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @rahy have you got the answer? I am looking for same solution.

Thanks.

Still using the csv application offline.
Still easier to do translation as I’m not a programmer who can customize the translation portal.

I know I am late, but you can find translations in apps/erpnext/erpnext/translations/.