Creating notification on client side

Is there any way to create a notification when a user click on comment box? In To-Do section?

Help please

What kind of notification?

If you use @-mentions, they trigger an email to the user.

1 Like

My problem is:

In the ERPNext when we open a new Task or Issue or something else and when we assign it to someone system will create a new todo for that person this is great however when the user closes the todo or comment on the todo things are not shown in the real task or issue objects.

There is any way to link them?

It can be enough if only we can fire a notification to the user when s/he tries the close the todo or write a comment on it that s/he needs to comment on the real doctype if s/he want other people to see the comment.

Thanks for helping.

This is actually something that has given us a lot of concern too!

The ToDos are such a great feature but there’s no proper mechanism to track what’s been achieved once the ToDo is closed… it just goes into thin air! It’s not enough just to see that there are no Open ToDos; there needs to be a comment or log linked to the reference doc

Kind regards,

1 Like

So there is no method for this?

Can’t we show notifications on client side with custom scripts?

Okay I solve problem.

I add a custom scripts to ToDo doc that

frappe.msgprint(__("Please don't comment on ToDo section if you want to other people see your comment."));

Anyway thanks for helping

@rmehta
This one is not working for me in all the documents type working in some and not working with other some, can you tell me what i missed.

Sorry for disturbing you.