Changing the homepage user interface to an HTML page

Hello,

I want to change the design of the homepage to an external .html page with link to the login route of my erpnext installation.

if i already have the html page how do i link it to the erpnext install.

kr,
Oasis

hi Oasis ,
you can make new app and change the www folder to overwite the base and web pages
this how i change the home page before login to frappe or erpnext

1 Like

Hi Ahmad,

After adding my webpage files into www of my app how do i point it to the index?

kr,
Oasis

sorry Oasis i didn’t understand you,
but the answer to your question will reveal if you read base.html , and web.html
base it the parent for all the pages , web.html extends it … the blocks in jnja of blade for php … to organised your pages … read them you will be able to do whatever you want then :smiley:

I meant if i add my webfiles in www of the app how do i set them as index so that when i call my site they get launched first

this is the templates path

you can see both base.html and web. html
in base.html it contain header footer and there is a Block content tag and its empty .
and in web.html
they extends the Base.html and write the block content …
the first page loads is web.html … if you change it it will change in the website …(only content ) header and footer remain the same , if you want to change them you need to make change to base.html

2 Likes

if you make new app … you don’t have to make changes to frappe or erpnext …
just write what you need in www folder or template folder … and make it’s name web.html
and it will show up … also if you change the web.html content you can see your changes

1 Like

this is a foodline frappe app … i made for a friend of mine … it’s just a simple app …

you can see the www folder and what i made also you can dowload it and use it beside frappe …
you don’t need erpnext just foodline app and frappe and you can learn alot from it …

3 Likes

change the variable home_page in hooks.py to your home page file name

2 Likes

Where are the images supposed to be stored so that when the app loads the webpage it retrieves them?

put everything under www as suggested by @ahmadRagheb Actually if you copy your all your website files (HTML, CSS, IMG) it will just work

1 Like

I did put the files in the same folder as the html page but they are still not accessible i think images… have to be stored in some directories like /public or something

Hello,
Trying to follow your instruction.
I cloned the food line folder (actually linefeed)
I then tried to install the app in my existing respite but it says app not found.
I am definitely doing something wrong.

Can you advise me please?

Regards,
Taiwo

1 Like

hi friend
sorry i didn’t update the repo for long time i just fixed this issue
you can pull the changes now it will work just fine i hope

1 Like

if there is any error tell me ready to help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello,

Thanks so much for the support. I really appreciate your time.
will check. I would like to see how this works. Frappe looks awesome. Just time to learn it.

By the way, I am having an issue with customers wh sign to erpnext. They cannot place orders. It asks for address but it seems to report a permission issue. What could be going on?

Working on it now.

Thanks a lot.

@tiwiex welcome to frappe … you can start a new topic in the discuss and if you can describe it more clear with images and more details all member here will help you

1 Like

i just reinstalled. i must have missed a step. that installation was awefully buggy. Thank goodness i did another setup. You can help me by … sharing something a bit more comprehensive on writing codes and utilizing the framework;s API effectively.

Thanks.

Not sure this is a huge error but just trying it out. see installation log below.

➜ frappe@ip-172-31-32-164 ~/frappe-bench bench get-app foodline GitHub - ahmadRagheb/linefood
INFO:bench.app:getting app linefood
INFO:bench.utils:git clone GitHub - ahmadRagheb/linefood --depth 1 --origin upstream
Cloning into ‘linefood’…
remote: Counting objects: 112, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (87/87), done.
remote: Total 112 (delta 25), reused 90 (delta 18), pack-reused 0
Receiving objects: 100% (112/112), 673.79 KiB | 0 bytes/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (25/25), done.
Checking connectivity… done.
(‘installing’, u’foodline’)
INFO:bench.app:installing foodline
INFO:bench.utils:./env/bin/pip install -q -e ./apps/foodline --no-cache-dir
/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/build.py:106: UserWarning: Source /home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe_io/frappe_io/docs does not exists.
warnings.warn(‘Source {source} does not exists.’.format(source = source))
/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/build.py:106: UserWarning: Source /home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/foundation/foundation/docs does not exists.
/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/build.py:106: UserWarning: Source /home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/poll/poll/public does not exists.
/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/build.py:106: UserWarning: Source /home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/foodline/foodline/public does not exists.
/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/build.py:106: UserWarning: Source /home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/foodline/foodline/docs does not exists.
SyntaxError: Unexpected end of JSON input
at JSON.parse ()
at make_build_map (/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/build.js:193:22)
at Object. (/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/build.js:22:17)
at Module._compile (module.js:652:30)
at Object.Module._extensions…js (module.js:663:10)
at Module.load (module.js:565:32)
at tryModuleLoad (module.js:505:12)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:497:3)
at Function.Module.runMain (module.js:693:10)
at startup (bootstrap_node.js:191:16)
Wrote css/frappe-web.css - 65.11 KB
Wrote js/frappe-web.min.js - 132.75 KB
Wrote js/control.min.js - 77.04 KB
Wrote js/dialog.min.js - 116.9 KB
Wrote css/desk.min.css - 309.04 KB
Wrote css/frappe-rtl.css - 32.49 KB
Wrote js/libs.min.js - 1.13 MB
Wrote js/desk.min.js - 462.49 KB
Wrote css/module.min.css - 2.08 KB
Wrote css/form.min.css - 4.47 KB
Wrote js/form.min.js - 196.67 KB
Wrote css/list.min.css - 13.35 KB
Wrote js/list.min.js - 154.71 KB
Wrote css/report.min.css - 7.89 KB
Wrote js/report.min.js - 260.26 KB
Wrote js/web_form.min.js - 247.55 KB
Wrote css/web_form.css - 24.42 KB
Wrote js/print_format_v3.min.js - 23.39 KB
Wrote frappe_io/js/docs.js - 1.62 KB
Wrote css/erpnext.css - 8 KB
Wrote js/erpnext-web.min.js - 3.8 KB
Wrote js/erpnext.min.js - 166.05 KB
Wrote js/item-dashboard.min.js - 8.13 KB
INFO:bench.utils:sudo supervisorctl restart frappe-bench-workers: frappe-bench-web:
frappe-bench-workers:frappe-bench-frappe-schedule: stopped
frappe-bench-workers:frappe-bench-frappe-short-worker-0: stopped
frappe-bench-workers:frappe-bench-frappe-default-worker-0: stopped
frappe-bench-workers:frappe-bench-frappe-long-worker-0: stopped
frappe-bench-web:frappe-bench-node-socketio: stopped
frappe-bench-web:frappe-bench-frappe-web: stopped
frappe-bench-workers:frappe-bench-frappe-schedule: started
frappe-bench-workers:frappe-bench-frappe-default-worker-0: started
frappe-bench-workers:frappe-bench-frappe-long-worker-0: started
frappe-bench-workers:frappe-bench-frappe-short-worker-0: started
frappe-bench-web:frappe-bench-frappe-web: started
frappe-bench-web:frappe-bench-node-socketio: started

Yes, there are errors on the home page now. At least i am sure foodline is doing something. lol.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/render.py”, line 39, in render
data = render_page_by_language(path)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/render.py”, line 133, in render_page_by_language
return render_page(path)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/render.py”, line 149, in render_page
return build(path)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/render.py”, line 156, in build
return build_page(path)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/render.py”, line 175, in build_page
html = frappe.render_template(context.source, context)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/utils/jinja.py”, line 69, in render_template
return get_jenv().from_string(template).render(context)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/jinja2/environment.py”, line 1008, in render
return self.environment.handle_exception(exc_info, True)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/jinja2/environment.py”, line 780, in handle_exception
reraise(exc_type, exc_value, tb)
File “”, line 1, in top-level template code
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/foodline/foodline/./www/parent.html”, line 54, in top-level template code
{% block product %}{% endblock %}
File “”, line 185, in block “product”
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/jinja2/environment.py”, line 411, in getitem
return obj[argument]
UndefinedError: tuple object has no element 0