Can you only allow specific item per Customer in SO/SINV?

I have an OEM manufacturer scenario at hand.

So items to be manufactured are usually only available to one specific customer (who often also will own the IP on those items).

So, it would be nice whether you can only select items in SO/SINV which ‘belong’ to that particular Customer.

There is a section “Customer Details” in the Item master, but that apparently has no effect in regards to what I am looking for here. Is there away to apply such restrictions?

It will be a custom code. You add the customer details in item master and apply query filters in SO item table to filter only those items that match the customer of the SO with the customer details in the item master.

not my priority right now then. Still just for the understanding … “custom code” in terms of “Customize Form” / “Custom Script” or addition to the core code?

Actually there is already a table “Item Customer Detail” which could be used for the ‘add the customer details in the item master’ part I guess.

If you need it to be addition to the core code, then you need to make it option in the Sales Settings because some people might need this scenario and some people does not need.

Or you can make it option for the item (only to be used by its customer).

Regards
Bilal

I believe “Item Customer Detail” is for adding information to an Item that would be specifically required by the customer such as special customer stocking codes or customer items codes that would not be relevant to other customers.

For example: I sell printable wristbands to hospitals and I sell the same wristband to 20 different hospitals. In that group of 20 customers (hospitals) there are 3 of them that have their own item codes for these wristbands so that nursing stations can order them internally from the stockroom. I have to know what those internal Item codes are for each customer and I put them in the Item Customer Detail area.

Not quite the same purpose you are looking to fulfill.

BKM

Hello @bkm
This one usage and it is possible to be used as @vrms need to use it as another usage.

Regards
Bilal