Can you define the Expense Account per item?

each Item in a Purchase Invoice is linked to an Expense account.

This happens automatically by the “Default Costs of Goods Sold Account” defined in the Company Settings.

Now, if you have a situation where you need Items to be mapped to a different account you have to open each order line manually and switch respective Income/Expense which is a tedious kind of work (and a Software should always aim to reduce workload I guess).

I believe that most of the times one particular Item will always be booked under the same Expense account, so I am wondering whether there is a way to define the Expense account for a specific Item.

2nd best … is there any way to select change the “Expense Account” of a item in the Purchase Order/Invoice in Bulk?

Not sure about previous versions, but in version 11. From the Item Page, below section:

You can define as below.

2nd best … is there any way to select change the “Expense Account” of a item in the Purchase Order/Invoice in Bulk? - I don’t know.

1 Like

You can define the expense account within item or item group, even on v10.

1 Like

thanks, it’s not the first time I just don’t think as far as opening the single lines in those child tables (Sales,Purchase,Accounting Defaults in this case), assuming everything is visible in the tables colums and keep searching frantically everywhere in the parent form itself. Making a marker in my head now. It’s often worth to check on a deeper level.

thanks both of you.