Attaching files through a web form

Hi all,

two questions on the web form: I have a web form (let’s consider the default “Issue” Web Form that ships with ERPNext)

• is it possible to change that any uploaded file is public? Noting that this means if the link is known, anyone can access the attached files from customer issues…
  • the attach file on the web form does not show any upload progress. Why not use the exact same behaviour as in the desk? (button attach, dialog select file, select public/private, upload > progress bar)

Observed in v10.1

Any inputs are welcome.

1 Like

You can make it private, if you dont want image as public. Just uncheck the ‘is_public’ option while attaching files.

Hi @lokesh,

thank you for your feedback, but there is no such option. On the Web Form, if you click attach, it does not show the dialog like this

grafik

But only shows the OS file browser, once I select the file it instantly gets to

click on browse,and browse the file, after opening file you will see public checkbox,just uncheck it.

1 Like

Hi @lokesh,

thank you for your reply. The screenshot you have attached would be to upload an image to include in the instruction text. I understand that this should be public, otherwise the web-user would not see it.

However, I have an attach field in the webform (that the user should fill in):

This is the same as in the Web Form > Issue. And I need to have this file private (not open for web access), and the progress bar would be nice for feedback (on large files)…

I see that in version 11 this is as far improved that there is the attach button which opens the dialog. However, public cannot be changed. The symbol indicates “locked” (private), but, as soon as it is uploaded it becomes public:

grafik

Is this a bug?

1 Like